Island focus: Sinabung erupts, poses risk of lava flow
The Jakarta Post
Mount Sinabung in Karo regency, North Sumatra, erupted on Thursday at 2.45 a.m., once again spewing a pyroclastic flow and volcanic ash up to 1.5 kilometers into the sky.
The eruption lasted six minutes, according to the Volcanology and Geological Hazard Mitigation Center (PVMBG).
There have been no reports of injuries as thousands of people living within a 7-km radius of Sinabungâ€...
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- Chengdu tops list as China's happiest city
- Floods, toppled trees disrupt Transjakarta services
- Heavy rainfall unanticipated, says BPBD
- ‘Wonder’, a wonderfully heartwarming film for all
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut
- Jakarta administration criticized for not uploading meeting videos