Island focus: Sinabung erupts, poses risk of lava flow
The Jakarta Post
Mount Sinabung in Karo regency, North Sumatra, erupted on Thursday at 2.45 a.m., once again spewing a pyroclastic flow and volcanic ash up to 1.5 kilometers into the sky.
The eruption lasted six minutes, according to the Volcanology and Geological Hazard Mitigation Center (PVMBG).
There have been no reports of injuries as thousands of people living within a 7-km radius of Sinabungâ€...
- Pertamina renewable investment portion to reach 15 percent by 2030
- Google Assistant adds more languages in global push
- Apple plans upgrades to popular AirPods headphones
- Construction of Central Jakarta Police headquarters to begin in April
- What to watch for in gadgets, deals from the biggest mobile show
- Actor Stephen Fry reveals battle with prostate cancer
- Deputy governor Perry Warjiyo nominated to head Bank Indonesia
- Hopeful travelers line up overnight for flight promotions
- Death toll in Syria enclave tops 500 after UN delays truce vote
- Bogor reduces more than 5 tons of waste a day