National scene: Singaporean nabbed for alleged child abuse
The Jakarta Post
The Police on Wednesday arrested Singaporean Mohammad Asri Bin Sapuan, 46, for allegedly molesting three boys aged 12, 15 and 16 in Batam, Riau Islands, between Sept. 16 to 24.
The boys were students at Asri’s studio gallery. Police suspected the gallery existed only as a way to woo the boys.
The police said the arrest was triggered by one of the victims’ parents who reported the...
- Pertamina renewable investment portion to reach 15 percent by 2030
- Google Assistant adds more languages in global push
- Apple plans upgrades to popular AirPods headphones
- Construction of Central Jakarta Police headquarters to begin in April
- What to watch for in gadgets, deals from the biggest mobile show
- Actor Stephen Fry reveals battle with prostate cancer
- Deputy governor Perry Warjiyo nominated to head Bank Indonesia
- Hopeful travelers line up overnight for flight promotions
- Death toll in Syria enclave tops 500 after UN delays truce vote
- Bogor reduces more than 5 tons of waste a day