New tenure settlement policy ‘ineffective’
The Jakarta Post
Analysts have cast doubt over the efficacy of the recently-issued policy on settling tenure problems in forest areas. The policy has also been criticized for potentially threatening indigenous people.
Issued by President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, who is banking on his land reform policy to address socio-economic inequality in Indonesia, Presidential Regulation No. 88/2017 on Settlement Of T...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia's growing thirst for coffee drains premium bean supplies
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Pro IS cleric gets death for inspiring terror attacks in Indonesia
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Britain's Prince William on historic trip to Israel and West Bank
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...