New tenure settlement policy ‘ineffective’
The Jakarta Post
Analysts have cast doubt over the efficacy of the recently-issued policy on settling tenure problems in forest areas. The policy has also been criticized for potentially threatening indigenous people.
Issued by President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, who is banking on his land reform policy to address socio-economic inequality in Indonesia, Presidential Regulation No. 88/2017 on Settlement Of T...
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- Chengdu tops list as China's happiest city
- Floods, toppled trees disrupt Transjakarta services
- Heavy rainfall unanticipated, says BPBD
- ‘Wonder’, a wonderfully heartwarming film for all
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut
- Jakarta administration criticized for not uploading meeting videos