New tenure settlement policy ‘ineffective’
The Jakarta Post
Analysts have cast doubt over the efficacy of the recently-issued policy on settling tenure problems in forest areas. The policy has also been criticized for potentially threatening indigenous people.
Issued by President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, who is banking on his land reform policy to address socio-economic inequality in Indonesia, Presidential Regulation No. 88/2017 on Settlement Of T...
- Pertamina renewable investment portion to reach 15 percent by 2030
- Google Assistant adds more languages in global push
- Apple plans upgrades to popular AirPods headphones
- Construction of Central Jakarta Police headquarters to begin in April
- What to watch for in gadgets, deals from the biggest mobile show
- Actor Stephen Fry reveals battle with prostate cancer
- Deputy governor Perry Warjiyo nominated to head Bank Indonesia
- Hopeful travelers line up overnight for flight promotions
- Death toll in Syria enclave tops 500 after UN delays truce vote
- Bogor reduces more than 5 tons of waste a day