Pluralism icon Franz Magnis-Suseno collapses during lecture, hospitalized
The Jakarta Post
Renowned philosophy scholar, pluralism defender and Catholic priest Franz Magnis-Suseno was rushed to Eka Hospital in Tangerang, Banten, after giving a philosophy lecture at the International University Liaison Indonesia (IULI) in Serpong, South Tangerang, on Thursday.
“He was panting while giving the lecture,” Catholic priest Benny Susetyo told kompas.com. He added that he had been waiting for further information from the doctor.
Franz had been scheduled to appear as a speaker at the religious journalism conference at the Multimedia Nusantara University (UMN) in South Tangerang on Thursday afternoon. He was supposed to address the audience in a discussion themed “Islam and Democracy in Indonesia.”
“We pray for Father Magnis who is now hospitalized. Hope that he will recover soon,” Benny posted on his Twitter account, @susetyopr.
Kita doakan untuk rm magnis yg sedang di rawat rumah sakit smg sehat kembali— bennysusetyo (@susetyopr) October 19, 2017
Many netizens also sent prayers and well wishes for Franz’s speedy recovery.
One of them, Alissa Wahid, the daughter of the late former President Abdurrahman “Gus Dur” Wahid, wrote on her Twitter account: “Hope that Father Magnis will get well soon and be able to do his activities as usual.”
Semoga Romo Magnis segera sehat dan beraktivitas seperti sedia kala...— Alissa Wahid (@AlissaWahid) October 19, 2017
- Japan to offer e-visa to tourists starting April 2020
- Meikarta graft case: KPK searches residence of Lippo Group CEO James Riady
- Arsonist sentenced to 24 years for Texas mosque burning
- Latest list of Michelin stars in Seoul released
- Indonesia’s competitiveness improves, but still well below Singapore, Malaysia
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teen arrested for alleged rape of young earthquake survivor
- Indonesian religious minister denounces LGBT, but calls for people’s empathy
- Rupiah projected at Rp 15,000 per US dollar in 2019 state budget
- BTS renews contract with Big Hit Entertainment