Hashim Djojohadikusumo to lead Ragunan Zoo
The Jakarta Post
After resigning from his post as the head of Ragunan Zoo’s supervisory board in 2014, Hashim Djojohadikusumo, the younger brother of Gerindra Party chairman Prabowo Subianto, applied to new Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan for the position on Thursday.
Hashim claimed that the governor, backed by the Gerindra Party in the gubernatorial election, agreed to appoint Hashim as the supervisory board’s head. “I have applied for the position again and he [Anies] approved it. Soon, I will lead Ragunan Zoo’s supervisory board,” he told journalists after meeting with the governor at City Hall.
Hashim added that he would improve the 140-hectare zoo to become one of international standard by improving its quality. “Ragunan is one of the capital’s incredible assets. The governor wants me to make it an international-level zoo,” he said as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
Then governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama appointed in June 2015 businessman Tahir as the head of the Ragunan Zoo’s supervisory board to replace Hashim. Tahir is a tycoon who owns the diversified Mayapada Group. (vny)
- Joey Alexander’s new music video showcases the beauty of Bali
- Indonesia sees 7 brutal animal killings in 2018
- Shell eyeing Indonesia's LNG market
- UK's official Brexit campaign fined, referred to police
- A world without America
- Beijing's new airport comes with new construction tech
- A guide to understanding the Freeport divestment deal
- Indonesia to invite Kim Jong-un, Moon Jae-in to attend Asiad
- Under fire, Trump says he misspoke on Russia election meddling
- Government oversells PT Freeport Indonesia agreement