Hashim Djojohadikusumo to lead Ragunan Zoo
The Jakarta Post
After resigning from his post as the head of Ragunan Zoo’s supervisory board in 2014, Hashim Djojohadikusumo, the younger brother of Gerindra Party chairman Prabowo Subianto, applied to new Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan for the position on Thursday.
Hashim claimed that the governor, backed by the Gerindra Party in the gubernatorial election, agreed to appoint Hashim as the supervisory board’s head. “I have applied for the position again and he [Anies] approved it. Soon, I will lead Ragunan Zoo’s supervisory board,” he told journalists after meeting with the governor at City Hall.
Hashim added that he would improve the 140-hectare zoo to become one of international standard by improving its quality. “Ragunan is one of the capital’s incredible assets. The governor wants me to make it an international-level zoo,” he said as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
Then governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama appointed in June 2015 businessman Tahir as the head of the Ragunan Zoo’s supervisory board to replace Hashim. Tahir is a tycoon who owns the diversified Mayapada Group. (vny)
- Indonesia seeks immediate return of two fishermen released by Abu Sayyaf
- BI, government team up to control inflation
- ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’ actor Jun Tae-soo dies
- US Defense Secretary Mattis holds meeting with Retno
- 'Angkot' drivers protest Tanah Abang street closure
- Zero down-payment housing not for all: Sandiaga
- Trial resumes of Kim Jong-Nam murder suspects
- Shuttlers try newly renovated Istora stadium ahead of Indonesia Masters
- City plans to build permanent bridges in South Jakarta
- EDITORIAL: Threat to Indonesian press