Hashim Djojohadikusumo to lead Ragunan Zoo
The Jakarta Post
After resigning from his post as the head of Ragunan Zoo’s supervisory board in 2014, Hashim Djojohadikusumo, the younger brother of Gerindra Party chairman Prabowo Subianto, applied to new Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan for the position on Thursday.
Hashim claimed that the governor, backed by the Gerindra Party in the gubernatorial election, agreed to appoint Hashim as the supervisory board’s head. “I have applied for the position again and he [Anies] approved it. Soon, I will lead Ragunan Zoo’s supervisory board,” he told journalists after meeting with the governor at City Hall.
Hashim added that he would improve the 140-hectare zoo to become one of international standard by improving its quality. “Ragunan is one of the capital’s incredible assets. The governor wants me to make it an international-level zoo,” he said as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
Then governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama appointed in June 2015 businessman Tahir as the head of the Ragunan Zoo’s supervisory board to replace Hashim. Tahir is a tycoon who owns the diversified Mayapada Group. (vny)
- TV program under fire for showing protected giant clam being cooked
- Group touts Susi Pudjiastuti as Jokowi’s running mate
- New rule no 'carte blanche' for foreign workers: Minister
- Kate, wife of UK's Prince William, taken to hospital to give birth to third child
- Government issues revised regulation on tax holidays
- Mitsubishi, Honda introduce special edition cars at IIMS
- Palm oil exports fall by 14% in February: Gapki
- EDITORIAL: When interests collide
- Indonesian-made messaging app Callind launches in Jakarta
- Landslide damages house in Depok