Hashim Djojohadikusumo to lead Ragunan Zoo
The Jakarta Post
After resigning from his post as the head of Ragunan Zoo’s supervisory board in 2014, Hashim Djojohadikusumo, the younger brother of Gerindra Party chairman Prabowo Subianto, applied to new Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan for the position on Thursday.
Hashim claimed that the governor, backed by the Gerindra Party in the gubernatorial election, agreed to appoint Hashim as the supervisory board’s head. “I have applied for the position again and he [Anies] approved it. Soon, I will lead Ragunan Zoo’s supervisory board,” he told journalists after meeting with the governor at City Hall.
Hashim added that he would improve the 140-hectare zoo to become one of international standard by improving its quality. “Ragunan is one of the capital’s incredible assets. The governor wants me to make it an international-level zoo,” he said as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
Then governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama appointed in June 2015 businessman Tahir as the head of the Ragunan Zoo’s supervisory board to replace Hashim. Tahir is a tycoon who owns the diversified Mayapada Group. (vny)
- Seoul Fashion Week ready for kickoff
- Movie star Chow Yun-fat to give entire fortune to charity
- Washington diocese names 31 former clergy accused of abuse
- Man arrested for buying baby via Instagram
- Lippo Group executive arrested in Meikarta bribery case
- NTT to move immigrants to island near Australia
- Microsoft co-founder, investor, philanthropist Allen dead at 65
- The warning signs get stronger
- Indonesia warns against Australia’s possible embassy move to Jerusalem
- Police on high alert ahead of Indian temple opening to women