Jakarta plans to develop 46 RPTRA next year
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta administration is set to establish 46 integrated child-friendly public spaces (RPTRA) in 81 subdistricts next year.
The head of the Jakarta Women's Empowerment, Family Planning and Child Protection Agency, Dien Emawati, said there were 103 of 267 subdistricts in the city that had not been completed with RPTRAs.
“It’s the duty of the mayor in each municipality to find land that could be used for an RPTRA,” Dien said on Thursday as quoted by beritajakarta.com.
The RPTRA development could be funded by the city’s budget as well as a corporate social responsibility (CSR) scheme, she added.
The RPTRA program is the signature program of former Jakarta governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama.
This year the administration set aside Rp 157.8 billion (US$11.9 million) from the city budget to build 100 RPTRAs. (cal)
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- Truck full of bodies draws Mexicans searching for relatives
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- First to red planet will become Martians: Canada astronaut
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Police probe new drug rape claims against US doctor, girlfriend