Jokowi to summon Tito over Novel case
The Jakarta Post
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo will summon National Police chief Gen. Tito Karnavian to ask him about progress in a police investigation into an acid attack on Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) investigator Novel Baswedan.
“We must be updated on the stage of the investigation. Everything must be clear and solved,” Jokowi said on Friday as quoted by kompas.com.
Jokowi, however, did not respond to questions on whether he would form an independent fact-finding team to assist with the investigation.
Almost six months has passed since two unidentified man splashed acid on Novel’s face in the early morning of April 11, causing severe injuries to his face and eyes. Since then, a team of doctors has been providing Novel with intensive treatment in Singapore.
The National Police’s Criminal Investigation Department (Bareskrim) chief, Comr. Gen. Ari Dono Sukmanto, said Novel’s case was difficult to solve because of the “hit-and-run” method. Such cases, he said, may take years to solve. (kuk/ahw)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Creator of 3-D printed guns flies to Taiwan amid US sex assault accusation
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- US court rules for Colorado 'intersex' veteran denied passport
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Malaysia ex-PM faces 21 new charges over 1MDB scandal
- Groups welcome Jokowi’s palm plantation moratorium
- Tourism Ministry declares five dishes national food