Jokowi to summon Tito over Novel case
The Jakarta Post
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo will summon National Police chief Gen. Tito Karnavian to ask him about progress in a police investigation into an acid attack on Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) investigator Novel Baswedan.
“We must be updated on the stage of the investigation. Everything must be clear and solved,” Jokowi said on Friday as quoted by kompas.com.
Jokowi, however, did not respond to questions on whether he would form an independent fact-finding team to assist with the investigation.
Almost six months has passed since two unidentified man splashed acid on Novel’s face in the early morning of April 11, causing severe injuries to his face and eyes. Since then, a team of doctors has been providing Novel with intensive treatment in Singapore.
The National Police’s Criminal Investigation Department (Bareskrim) chief, Comr. Gen. Ari Dono Sukmanto, said Novel’s case was difficult to solve because of the “hit-and-run” method. Such cases, he said, may take years to solve. (kuk/ahw)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says