Jokowi to summon Tito over Novel case
The Jakarta Post
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo will summon National Police chief Gen. Tito Karnavian to ask him about progress in a police investigation into an acid attack on Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) investigator Novel Baswedan.
“We must be updated on the stage of the investigation. Everything must be clear and solved,” Jokowi said on Friday as quoted by kompas.com.
Jokowi, however, did not respond to questions on whether he would form an independent fact-finding team to assist with the investigation.
Almost six months has passed since two unidentified man splashed acid on Novel’s face in the early morning of April 11, causing severe injuries to his face and eyes. Since then, a team of doctors has been providing Novel with intensive treatment in Singapore.
The National Police’s Criminal Investigation Department (Bareskrim) chief, Comr. Gen. Ari Dono Sukmanto, said Novel’s case was difficult to solve because of the “hit-and-run” method. Such cases, he said, may take years to solve. (kuk/ahw)
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Suspected terrorist shot dead in Pamanukan for resisting arrest
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- US Navy planning new camps to support immigration crackdown: Report
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Cuba to get ready for same sex marriage: Castro daughter
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- 5 wall shelf design ideas for small spaces