Golkar declares support for Bandung mayor in W. Java election
The Jakarta Post
The Golkar Party has declared support for Bandung Mayor Ridwan Kamil as a candidate in the West Java gubernatorial election next year.
The announcement was made by Golkar secretary general Idrus Marham, who visited Ridwan in Bandung, West Java, on Saturday and handed over the party’s decree to support him in the election. Golkar's West Java regional executive board (DPD) would officially hand the decree to the mayor next week, Idrus added.
“This has been finalized. There is no more ‘if’,” he said on Saturday.
The party executives also informed Golkar’s West Java chairman and Purwakarta Regent Dedi Mulyadi of the final decision. Dedi, as the local chairman of Golkar, had been mentioned as a possible candidate to represent the party in next year’s regional election, following support from the party’s members.
However, Idrus said that he believed Dedi would accept and comply with the party’s final decision.
Ridwan expressed gratitude for the trust and support from Golkar.
As for his deputy candidate, Ridwan said he would leave the matter to parties supporting him. In addition to Golkar, he has gained support from the NasDem Party, the National Awakening Party (PKB) and the United Development Party (PPP).
“In the coming week, the coalition party will gather,” he said.
- Pertamina renewable investment portion to reach 15 percent by 2030
- Google Assistant adds more languages in global push
- Apple plans upgrades to popular AirPods headphones
- Construction of Central Jakarta Police headquarters to begin in April
- What to watch for in gadgets, deals from the biggest mobile show
- Actor Stephen Fry reveals battle with prostate cancer
- Deputy governor Perry Warjiyo nominated to head Bank Indonesia
- Hopeful travelers line up overnight for flight promotions
- Death toll in Syria enclave tops 500 after UN delays truce vote
- Bogor reduces more than 5 tons of waste a day