Golkar declares support for Bandung mayor in W. Java election
The Jakarta Post
The Golkar Party has declared support for Bandung Mayor Ridwan Kamil as a candidate in the West Java gubernatorial election next year.
The announcement was made by Golkar secretary general Idrus Marham, who visited Ridwan in Bandung, West Java, on Saturday and handed over the party’s decree to support him in the election. Golkar's West Java regional executive board (DPD) would officially hand the decree to the mayor next week, Idrus added.
“This has been finalized. There is no more ‘if’,” he said on Saturday.
The party executives also informed Golkar’s West Java chairman and Purwakarta Regent Dedi Mulyadi of the final decision. Dedi, as the local chairman of Golkar, had been mentioned as a possible candidate to represent the party in next year’s regional election, following support from the party’s members.
However, Idrus said that he believed Dedi would accept and comply with the party’s final decision.
Ridwan expressed gratitude for the trust and support from Golkar.
As for his deputy candidate, Ridwan said he would leave the matter to parties supporting him. In addition to Golkar, he has gained support from the NasDem Party, the National Awakening Party (PKB) and the United Development Party (PPP).
“In the coming week, the coalition party will gather,” he said.
- GenPI West Sumatra to host Siti Nurbaya Market
- Don't be afraid to come to Bali: Minister
- Indonesia Tempeh Movement's Amadeus gives talk at Harvard Business School
- Jokowi appoints Robert Pakpahan as new tax chief
- 'Real Bali' as Western construct: Rethinking tourism's 'ruination' of Bali
- Anies invited to ‘anti-Ahok’ 212 Rally Alumni gathering
- Drone flown over Mount Agung to detect volcanic activity
- Indonesia, South Korea initiate plan to develop electric car battery
- Researchers spot interstellar visitor
- How social media is polarizing politics