Gerindra dismisses survey result on West Java
The Jakarta Post
The Gerindra Party says the results of a recent survey conducted by Jakarta-based pollster Saiful Mujani Research & Consulting (SMRC) is completely different from the results of the party’s own internal survey.
The SMRC survey results, released last Thursday, stated the electability of President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo was higher than Gerindra Party patron Prabowo Subianto, especially in West Java.
“The Gerindra team’s study shows instead that the electability of both the party and Prabowo has continued to increase,” Gerindra Party central executive board chairman Sodik Mudjahid said as quoted by kompas.com on Monday.
“This high electability is also visible in West Java, a base of support for Gerindra and Prabowo that has often been visited by Jokowi,” he went on.
(Read also: Jokowi’s electability soars in West Java: survey)
Sodik, who is also a member of the advisory council of the party’s West Java chapter executive board, said Gerindra’s increasing electability was because of its critical stance – as an opposition party -- in response to both the performance and policies of the Jokowi administration.
Sodik further said Prabowo was not bothered at all by the results of the SMRC survey. The party patron believed the Indonesian people had become smarter in choosing a party and a presidential candidate to lead the nation, he added.
“He [Prabowo] showed no special reaction. He stayed cool, saying that Gerindra had its own studies. He said many survey groups were fictitious and worked based on orders from certain parties,” said Sodik, deputy chairman of the House of Representatives’ Commission VIII overseeing religion, social affairs and women’s empowerment. (ebf)
- Lake Toba to hold Gowes Samosir cycling event
- Karetan Market partners with waste management startup company
- Celebrity Fitri Carlina endorses Wonderful Indonesia, Banyuwangi tourism
- Block porn or be blocked, Indonesia warns Google, Twitter
- Tourism Ministry, KBRI promote five Indonesian destinations in Thailand
- West Papua to host Senja Kaimana Festival 2017
- Karetan Market holds vlog competition for visitors
- Facebook launches new ‘Facebook Creator’ app for video content creators
- Apple pushes back release of HomePod speaker to 2018
- East Java to host Situbondo Carnival