New Hanura city councilor inaugurated, replacing corrupt one
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Council speaker Prasetio Edi Marsudi inaugurated a new council member from the Hanura Party in a plenary session at the council’s building on Tuesday.
The new member was inaugurated to replace former member Fahmi Zulfikar, who was involved in a corruption case of uninterruptible power supply (UPS) procurement.
“Fahmi Zulfikar will be replaced with Romli H. Sowo from Hanura,” Prasetio said as quoted by kompas.com.
“The case [which was handled by] Bareskrim [National Police’s Criminal Investigation Department] had been decided yesterday. Therefore we decided to replace [Fahmi],” he said.
The Central Jakarta District Court sentenced Fahmi to spend six years in prison after being found guilty of corruption. (ecn)
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- Attempt to send underage prostitutes to Bali ends at airport: Police
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy