New Hanura city councilor inaugurated, replacing corrupt one
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Council speaker Prasetio Edi Marsudi inaugurated a new council member from the Hanura Party in a plenary session at the council’s building on Tuesday.
The new member was inaugurated to replace former member Fahmi Zulfikar, who was involved in a corruption case of uninterruptible power supply (UPS) procurement.
“Fahmi Zulfikar will be replaced with Romli H. Sowo from Hanura,” Prasetio said as quoted by kompas.com.
“The case [which was handled by] Bareskrim [National Police’s Criminal Investigation Department] had been decided yesterday. Therefore we decided to replace [Fahmi],” he said.
The Central Jakarta District Court sentenced Fahmi to spend six years in prison after being found guilty of corruption. (ecn)
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- US politician stands to win election by one vote
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- Pence says US to partner in Papua New Guinea military base
- Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high