Railway operator adds 40 trips for Christmas and New Year
The Jakarta Post
State-owned railway operator PT Kereta Api Indonesia (KAI) plans to add 40 trips to anticipate the surge of passengers ahead of Christmas and New Year.
“Christmas and New Year trains will operate from Dec. 21, 2017 to January, 2018. The number of seats during the period will increase by about 5 to 6 percent,” said PT KAI president director Edi Sukmoro when visiting Gambir Station in Central Jakarta on Tuesday.
The additional journeys would bring the total number of trips to 375 during the 17-day period, Edi said, adding that 20,880 seats were available in the additional trains.
Besides the additional trains, the company still had 153 train cars as reserves that could be operated whenever demand increased, Edi added.
“Customers can buy tickets for the additional trains through all official channels of PT KAI starting on Nov. 1,” Edi added as reported by tribunnews.com. (bbn)
- President Jokowi purchases custom motorcycle, boosts local businesses
- Satpol PP officer dies after being hit by airport train
- Airport trains no longer have single fare
- French founder strives to elevate Indonesian brand at Maison&Objet
- Europe brings on charm and blue skies to lure Chinese tourists
- Twitter says Russia-linked accounts more widespread
- Electronic parking meters on Jl Sabang to be reactivated
- Bekasi Police arrest alleged sexual abuser after three-month pursuit
- Tom Petty died of accidental overdose: family
- Facebook to let users rank 'trust' in news sources