Railway operator adds 40 trips for Christmas and New Year
The Jakarta Post
State-owned railway operator PT Kereta Api Indonesia (KAI) plans to add 40 trips to anticipate the surge of passengers ahead of Christmas and New Year.
“Christmas and New Year trains will operate from Dec. 21, 2017 to January, 2018. The number of seats during the period will increase by about 5 to 6 percent,” said PT KAI president director Edi Sukmoro when visiting Gambir Station in Central Jakarta on Tuesday.
The additional journeys would bring the total number of trips to 375 during the 17-day period, Edi said, adding that 20,880 seats were available in the additional trains.
Besides the additional trains, the company still had 153 train cars as reserves that could be operated whenever demand increased, Edi added.
“Customers can buy tickets for the additional trains through all official channels of PT KAI starting on Nov. 1,” Edi added as reported by tribunnews.com. (bbn)
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Jakpost guide to Pasar Modern Bintaro
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- This is why you’re sweating during sleep
- One dead, suspect surrenders after US supermarket hostage drama
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world