Railway operator adds 40 trips for Christmas and New Year
The Jakarta Post
State-owned railway operator PT Kereta Api Indonesia (KAI) plans to add 40 trips to anticipate the surge of passengers ahead of Christmas and New Year.
“Christmas and New Year trains will operate from Dec. 21, 2017 to January, 2018. The number of seats during the period will increase by about 5 to 6 percent,” said PT KAI president director Edi Sukmoro when visiting Gambir Station in Central Jakarta on Tuesday.
The additional journeys would bring the total number of trips to 375 during the 17-day period, Edi said, adding that 20,880 seats were available in the additional trains.
Besides the additional trains, the company still had 153 train cars as reserves that could be operated whenever demand increased, Edi added.
“Customers can buy tickets for the additional trains through all official channels of PT KAI starting on Nov. 1,” Edi added as reported by tribunnews.com. (bbn)
- Seoul Fashion Week ready for kickoff
- Movie star Chow Yun-fat to give entire fortune to charity
- Lippo Group executive arrested in Meikarta bribery case
- Washington diocese names 31 former clergy accused of abuse
- Indonesia warns against Australia’s possible embassy move to Jerusalem
- Man arrested for buying baby via Instagram
- NTT to move immigrants to island near Australia
- IMF chief postpones Middle East trip with Saudi stop
- For the sake of integrity
- Police on high alert ahead of Indian temple opening to women