Railway operator adds 40 trips for Christmas and New Year
The Jakarta Post
State-owned railway operator PT Kereta Api Indonesia (KAI) plans to add 40 trips to anticipate the surge of passengers ahead of Christmas and New Year.
“Christmas and New Year trains will operate from Dec. 21, 2017 to January, 2018. The number of seats during the period will increase by about 5 to 6 percent,” said PT KAI president director Edi Sukmoro when visiting Gambir Station in Central Jakarta on Tuesday.
The additional journeys would bring the total number of trips to 375 during the 17-day period, Edi said, adding that 20,880 seats were available in the additional trains.
Besides the additional trains, the company still had 153 train cars as reserves that could be operated whenever demand increased, Edi added.
“Customers can buy tickets for the additional trains through all official channels of PT KAI starting on Nov. 1,” Edi added as reported by tribunnews.com. (bbn)
- Metro TV fires reporter connected to Setya
- Japan proposes to build new tracks for Jakarta-Surabaya railway: Minister
- Tourism Ministry to focus on developing four New Balis next year
- Online exhibit shows hidden depths of Picasso's 'Guernica'
- End nears for Mugabe as ruling party turns against him
- Macron's popularity recovers as French see him keeping promises
- UK aims for driverless cars by 2021
- Boxer knocks out rival in 11 seconds
- Public Works and Public Housing Ministry to develop four Priority Destinations
- Victoria's Secret to charm China with fashion gala