Alleged killer of Depok housemaid might get death sentence
The Jakarta Post
The alleged killer of domestic worker Samsiah, 40, in Depok, West Java, is threatened with the death penalty, according to an official.
“The threat is a death sentence or lifetime imprisonment,” Depok Police’s criminal unit head Comr. Putu Kholis Aryana said on Wednesday as quoted by kompas.com.
Separately, the Depok Police’s head Herry Heryawan said the suspect was upset with Samsiah because the latter urged him to pay his debt to her.
"The suspect and the victim argued because the latter asked him to give back her money,” said Herry. After the argument, the suspect allegedly committed violence against the pregnant woman. Samsiah was found dead on Nov. 5. (agn)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says