Alleged killer of Depok housemaid might get death sentence
The Jakarta Post
The alleged killer of domestic worker Samsiah, 40, in Depok, West Java, is threatened with the death penalty, according to an official.
“The threat is a death sentence or lifetime imprisonment,” Depok Police’s criminal unit head Comr. Putu Kholis Aryana said on Wednesday as quoted by kompas.com.
Separately, the Depok Police’s head Herry Heryawan said the suspect was upset with Samsiah because the latter urged him to pay his debt to her.
"The suspect and the victim argued because the latter asked him to give back her money,” said Herry. After the argument, the suspect allegedly committed violence against the pregnant woman. Samsiah was found dead on Nov. 5. (agn)
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Suspected terrorist shot dead in Pamanukan for resisting arrest
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- US Navy planning new camps to support immigration crackdown: Report
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Cuba to get ready for same sex marriage: Castro daughter
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- 5 wall shelf design ideas for small spaces