Alleged killer of Depok housemaid might get death sentence
The Jakarta Post
The alleged killer of domestic worker Samsiah, 40, in Depok, West Java, is threatened with the death penalty, according to an official.
“The threat is a death sentence or lifetime imprisonment,” Depok Police’s criminal unit head Comr. Putu Kholis Aryana said on Wednesday as quoted by kompas.com.
Separately, the Depok Police’s head Herry Heryawan said the suspect was upset with Samsiah because the latter urged him to pay his debt to her.
"The suspect and the victim argued because the latter asked him to give back her money,” said Herry. After the argument, the suspect allegedly committed violence against the pregnant woman. Samsiah was found dead on Nov. 5. (agn)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Creator of 3-D printed guns flies to Taiwan amid US sex assault accusation
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- US court rules for Colorado 'intersex' veteran denied passport
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Groups welcome Jokowi’s palm plantation moratorium
- Malaysia ex-PM faces 21 new charges over 1MDB scandal
- Tourism Ministry declares five dishes national food