Alleged killer of Depok housemaid might get death sentence
The Jakarta Post
The alleged killer of domestic worker Samsiah, 40, in Depok, West Java, is threatened with the death penalty, according to an official.
“The threat is a death sentence or lifetime imprisonment,” Depok Police’s criminal unit head Comr. Putu Kholis Aryana said on Wednesday as quoted by kompas.com.
Separately, the Depok Police’s head Herry Heryawan said the suspect was upset with Samsiah because the latter urged him to pay his debt to her.
"The suspect and the victim argued because the latter asked him to give back her money,” said Herry. After the argument, the suspect allegedly committed violence against the pregnant woman. Samsiah was found dead on Nov. 5. (agn)
- Father-son duo arrested over alleged drug dealing
- Wu's fans skip Chinese New Year for NBA All Star celebrity game
- China vows to protect interests as US eyes trade sanctions
- Indonesia mulls ban on maids to Malaysia
- Adelina’s family demands compensation
- Italy's country doctor making house calls on horseback
- East Java targets to vaccinate 10m following diphtheria outbreak
- Vatican revives pope's sexual abuse panel
- Pakistan child killer handed four death sentences
- Four new parties to take part in 2019 elections