Councilors want Jakarta's firefighter head be fired
The Jakarta Post
The City Council has called on the Jakarta administration to expel its Fire and Rescue Agency head, Subejo, following his repeated absence in the city’s important meetings.
The council’s deputy speaker, Muhammad Taufik, said he had sent a letter to Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan asking them to fire Subejo.
"We were discussing the 2017's revised budget, but he did not come, [saying] that he joined a seminar abroad. We had deliberated on the city's 2018 budget yesterday, he also did not come for the same reason," he added, as quoted by wartakotalive.com on Wednesday.
The letter, which was also sent on Wednesday, was signed by Taufik, as well as Riano and Syarif, who are respectively the head and the secretary of Commission A on administration affairs, Taufik said.
In the letter, he explained, the officials said they would not discuss allocation for the Fire and Rescue Agency if Subejo was not replaced.
Taufik ordered officials from the Fire and Rescue Agency to leave a meeting room on Tuesday, after Subejo did not attend the deliberation on the city's 2018 budget. His secretary had come to represent the agency instead. (agn)
- Jakarta prepares traffic strategy for Asian Games
- Mt. Sinabung spews massive smoke-and-ash column
- Anti-LGBT team established in Depok
- Tearful French skater's 'worst nightmare' after dress mishap
- IS ambush kills 27 pro-government fighters in Iraq
- Jakarta-Bandung railway project won’t meet target: Minister
- Indonesia extends export recommendation for Freeport
- US man stole thumb of Chinese terracotta warrior statue
- Emirates to launch new Dubai-Bali-Auckland service
- Tasting Bali-based Locavore’s award-winning cuisine in Jakarta