Councilors want Jakarta's firefighter head be fired
The Jakarta Post
The City Council has called on the Jakarta administration to expel its Fire and Rescue Agency head, Subejo, following his repeated absence in the city’s important meetings.
The council’s deputy speaker, Muhammad Taufik, said he had sent a letter to Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan asking them to fire Subejo.
"We were discussing the 2017's revised budget, but he did not come, [saying] that he joined a seminar abroad. We had deliberated on the city's 2018 budget yesterday, he also did not come for the same reason," he added, as quoted by wartakotalive.com on Wednesday.
The letter, which was also sent on Wednesday, was signed by Taufik, as well as Riano and Syarif, who are respectively the head and the secretary of Commission A on administration affairs, Taufik said.
In the letter, he explained, the officials said they would not discuss allocation for the Fire and Rescue Agency if Subejo was not replaced.
Taufik ordered officials from the Fire and Rescue Agency to leave a meeting room on Tuesday, after Subejo did not attend the deliberation on the city's 2018 budget. His secretary had come to represent the agency instead. (agn)
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas
- US court rules for Colorado 'intersex' veteran denied passport
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- Groups welcome Jokowi’s palm plantation moratorium
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Saudi woman's case against father stirs 'guardianship' debate
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- Land owners unseal 46 schools after promise to hire them as civil servants
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world