Dignitaries attend First Daughter's wedding
Ganug Nugroho Adi and Kharishar Kahfi
The Jakarta Post
Dozens of dignitaries attended the wedding of President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo’s daughter, Kahiyang Ayu, and Muhammad Bobby Afif Nasution, the son of the late Erwin Nasution, in Surakarta, Central Java, the hometown of the President, on Wednesday.
Among the dignitaries were Vice President Jusuf Kalla, former presidents Megawati Soekarnoputri and Bambang Susilo Yudhoyono, House of Representatives Speaker Setya Novanto, People’s Consultative Assembly Speaker Zulkifli Hasan and several Cabinet ministers.
“We come here to congratulate the bride and the groom as well as President Jokowi. We hope their marriage will last forever,” said Agus Harimurti Yudhoyono, who attended the ceremony with his father, his mother Ani Yudhoyono and brother Edhi Baskoro Yudhoyono.
Other guests of the First Family included former vice president Tri Sutrisno, Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan, businessman Charul Tanjung, NasDem Party chairman Surya Paloh, Indonesian Ulema Council head Ma’ruf Amin, former Muhammadiyah chairman Syafii Ma’arif and former Nahdlatul Ulama chairman Said Agil Siraj.
The wedding ceremony took place at 9 a.m. local time at the Graha Saba Buana building, near Jokowi’s house.
The ceremony started when a representative of the Nasutions, Lt. Gen. Edy Rachmayadi, officially requested that Jokowi and his wife allow his daughter to marry Bobby. A positive response was given by Miyono, a representative of the bride's family. The ceremony ended when Said Agil Siraj led prayers for the newly married couple. (bbn)
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Suspected terrorist shot dead in Pamanukan for resisting arrest
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- US Navy planning new camps to support immigration crackdown: Report
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Cuba to get ready for same sex marriage: Castro daughter
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- 5 wall shelf design ideas for small spaces