Jakartans hold public screening of First Daughter's wedding
The Jakarta Post
While thousands of people flocked to Surakarta, Central Java, to attend the wedding of President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo’s daughter, Kahiyang Ayu, a Jakarta restaurant held a public screening of the event for supporters who were unable to travel to the bride’s hometown.
Kahiyang is set to wed Muhammad Bobby Afif Nasution.
The screening, which started at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, was held at Agbelin Bistro & Cafe on Jl. KH Ahmad Dahlan 31 in Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta.
"Some of our friends went to Solo themselves, while we are watching [the wedding] here together," one participant, Peter, said as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com, referring to Surakarta’s popular moniker. (dis)
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling
- What’s in store for final installment of BTS ‘Love Yourself’ saga
- 'Monster Hunter' on hold as China hits pause on new video games
- Coal production at 37.11 percent of full-year target
- Remote China glacial lake bursts, no casualties
- Indonesian academics can now access e-journal databases worth $1m for free
- Indonesia considers reducing imports of 500 consumer goods
- Venezuelan general, colonel arrested over 'attack' on Maduro