Jakartans hold public screening of First Daughter's wedding
The Jakarta Post
While thousands of people flocked to Surakarta, Central Java, to attend the wedding of President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo’s daughter, Kahiyang Ayu, a Jakarta restaurant held a public screening of the event for supporters who were unable to travel to the bride’s hometown.
Kahiyang is set to wed Muhammad Bobby Afif Nasution.
The screening, which started at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, was held at Agbelin Bistro & Cafe on Jl. KH Ahmad Dahlan 31 in Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta.
"Some of our friends went to Solo themselves, while we are watching [the wedding] here together," one participant, Peter, said as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com, referring to Surakarta’s popular moniker. (dis)
- Passport stamps becoming a thing of the past
- Vice President Kalla promises shelter for Rohingya refugees in Aceh
- Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
- Jakarta x Beauty festival seeks to promote self-confidence
- Three airlines to move to Terminal 3 in May
- Disney delights 'Star Wars' devotees at CinemaCon
- Foreign workers' regulation to improve investment climate: Minister
- Govt to take legal action against drillers of illegal oil well after fire
- At least 10 killed, dozens injured in oil well fire in Aceh
- Music-streaming millennials eye smart speakers