Jakartans hold public screening of First Daughter's wedding
The Jakarta Post
While thousands of people flocked to Surakarta, Central Java, to attend the wedding of President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo’s daughter, Kahiyang Ayu, a Jakarta restaurant held a public screening of the event for supporters who were unable to travel to the bride’s hometown.
Kahiyang is set to wed Muhammad Bobby Afif Nasution.
The screening, which started at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, was held at Agbelin Bistro & Cafe on Jl. KH Ahmad Dahlan 31 in Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta.
"Some of our friends went to Solo themselves, while we are watching [the wedding] here together," one participant, Peter, said as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com, referring to Surakarta’s popular moniker. (dis)
- EDITORIAL: Right to passports
- Indonesia set to operate 13 railway projects this year
- 'Angkot' drivers protest Tanah Abang street closure
- Facebook says social media not always healthy for democracy
- Cosby performs for first time since assault charge
- BI, government team up to control inflation
- EDITORIAL: Threat to Indonesian press
- US Defense Secretary Mattis holds meeting with Retno
- ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’ actor Jun Tae-soo dies
- Indonesia seeks immediate return of two fishermen released by Abu Sayyaf