Jakartans hold public screening of First Daughter's wedding
The Jakarta Post
While thousands of people flocked to Surakarta, Central Java, to attend the wedding of President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo’s daughter, Kahiyang Ayu, a Jakarta restaurant held a public screening of the event for supporters who were unable to travel to the bride’s hometown.
Kahiyang is set to wed Muhammad Bobby Afif Nasution.
The screening, which started at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, was held at Agbelin Bistro & Cafe on Jl. KH Ahmad Dahlan 31 in Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta.
"Some of our friends went to Solo themselves, while we are watching [the wedding] here together," one participant, Peter, said as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com, referring to Surakarta’s popular moniker. (dis)
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Bank Indonesia hikes rate to 6 percent
- Next US House foreign affairs chief vows to check Trump, warns Russia
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Lion Air passengers change planes because of broken AC