Krakatau supplies box girders for Jakarta-Cikampek II toll road project
The Jakarta Post
Publicly listed steel firm PT Krakatau Steel (KRAS) is supplying steel plates for the elevated Jakarta-Cikampek II toll road project.
The state-owned firm will supply 205,000 tons of steel plates, with 28,000 tons in the form of box girders already delivered.
The first placement of box girders -- fabricated by publicly listed Bukaka Teknik Utama using Krakatau Steel plates – was implemented at the construction site at Jakarta-Cikampek KM 46 on Tuesday.
"The use of box girders [instead of precast] require fewer supporting poles. It will speed up construction of the toll road," KRAS market research and development manager Anang Syahroni said in a statement.Read also: Infrastructure deals lift demand for Krakatau Steel products
The elevated Jakarta-Cikampek II toll road is being constructed to ease traffic on the Jakarta-Cikampek I toll road, which connects the capital to industrial areas in West Java.
Compared to precast, box girders are 12 times stronger and more flexible and recyclable, the firm claims. (bbn)
- Hopeful travelers line up overnight for flight promotions
- Bogor reduces more than 5 tons of waste a day
- Google Assistant adds more languages in global push
- Construction of Central Jakarta Police headquarters to begin in April
- Apple plans upgrades to popular AirPods headphones
- Pertamina renewable investment portion to reach 15 percent by 2030
- Death toll in Syria enclave tops 500 after UN delays truce vote
- Wes Anderson, Norway teen massacre films lead Berlin fest race
- ‘Black Panther’ succeeds in bringing Wakanda to world
- EU opens door for Balkan states, but hurdles remain