Krakatau supplies box girders for Jakarta-Cikampek II toll road project
The Jakarta Post
Publicly listed steel firm PT Krakatau Steel (KRAS) is supplying steel plates for the elevated Jakarta-Cikampek II toll road project.
The state-owned firm will supply 205,000 tons of steel plates, with 28,000 tons in the form of box girders already delivered.
The first placement of box girders -- fabricated by publicly listed Bukaka Teknik Utama using Krakatau Steel plates – was implemented at the construction site at Jakarta-Cikampek KM 46 on Tuesday.
"The use of box girders [instead of precast] require fewer supporting poles. It will speed up construction of the toll road," KRAS market research and development manager Anang Syahroni said in a statement.Read also: Infrastructure deals lift demand for Krakatau Steel products
The elevated Jakarta-Cikampek II toll road is being constructed to ease traffic on the Jakarta-Cikampek I toll road, which connects the capital to industrial areas in West Java.
Compared to precast, box girders are 12 times stronger and more flexible and recyclable, the firm claims. (bbn)
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport