Jokowi back in Jakarta for busy day after daughter's wedding
The Jakarta Post
President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo appears to have had little time to rest after the wedding of his daughter Kahiyang Ayu in Surakarta, Central Java, on Wednesday.
Jokowi, along with First Lady Iriana, took a one-hour flight at 9 a.m. Thursday from Surakarta to Jakarta.
In Jakarta, the President headed straight to the Presidential Palace to preside over a ceremony naming national hero titles.
Jokowi is also scheduled to welcome South Korean President Moon Jae-in at Bogor Palace, located on the outskirts of Jakarta, on Thursday afternoon, where the two leaders are expected to discuss trade and security. It is Moon's first state visit after he took office in May.
On the sidelines of Kahiyang's wedding, Jokowi visited areas in the province and neighboring East Java.
For instance, Jokowi attended two events on social forestry in Boyolali, Central Java, and in Madiun, East Java.
He also handed out land certificates to local residents in Madiun and Sragen regency in Central Java. (ipa)
- GenPI West Sumatra to host Siti Nurbaya Market
- Don't be afraid to come to Bali: Minister
- Indonesia Tempeh Movement's Amadeus gives talk at Harvard Business School
- Jokowi appoints Robert Pakpahan as new tax chief
- 'Real Bali' as Western construct: Rethinking tourism's 'ruination' of Bali
- Anies invited to ‘anti-Ahok’ 212 Rally Alumni gathering
- Drone flown over Mount Agung to detect volcanic activity
- Indonesia, South Korea initiate plan to develop electric car battery
- Researchers spot interstellar visitor
- How social media is polarizing politics