Jokowi back in Jakarta for busy day after daughter's wedding
The Jakarta Post
President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo appears to have had little time to rest after the wedding of his daughter Kahiyang Ayu in Surakarta, Central Java, on Wednesday.
Jokowi, along with First Lady Iriana, took a one-hour flight at 9 a.m. Thursday from Surakarta to Jakarta.
In Jakarta, the President headed straight to the Presidential Palace to preside over a ceremony naming national hero titles.
Jokowi is also scheduled to welcome South Korean President Moon Jae-in at Bogor Palace, located on the outskirts of Jakarta, on Thursday afternoon, where the two leaders are expected to discuss trade and security. It is Moon's first state visit after he took office in May.
On the sidelines of Kahiyang's wedding, Jokowi visited areas in the province and neighboring East Java.
For instance, Jokowi attended two events on social forestry in Boyolali, Central Java, and in Madiun, East Java.
He also handed out land certificates to local residents in Madiun and Sragen regency in Central Java. (ipa)
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Commentary: Another side of the elderly: You reap what you sow
- Empty Jakarta during Idul Fitri serves as Instagrammable photo opportunity
- One dead, five wounded in Malmo shooting: police
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan dies aged 62
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- BREAKING: Boat with 80 passengers capsizes in Lake Toba
- One killed after Lake Toba vessel capsizes