Jokowi back in Jakarta for busy day after daughter's wedding
The Jakarta Post
President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo appears to have had little time to rest after the wedding of his daughter Kahiyang Ayu in Surakarta, Central Java, on Wednesday.
Jokowi, along with First Lady Iriana, took a one-hour flight at 9 a.m. Thursday from Surakarta to Jakarta.
In Jakarta, the President headed straight to the Presidential Palace to preside over a ceremony naming national hero titles.
Jokowi is also scheduled to welcome South Korean President Moon Jae-in at Bogor Palace, located on the outskirts of Jakarta, on Thursday afternoon, where the two leaders are expected to discuss trade and security. It is Moon's first state visit after he took office in May.
On the sidelines of Kahiyang's wedding, Jokowi visited areas in the province and neighboring East Java.
For instance, Jokowi attended two events on social forestry in Boyolali, Central Java, and in Madiun, East Java.
He also handed out land certificates to local residents in Madiun and Sragen regency in Central Java. (ipa)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says