Jokowi back in Jakarta for busy day after daughter's wedding
The Jakarta Post
President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo appears to have had little time to rest after the wedding of his daughter Kahiyang Ayu in Surakarta, Central Java, on Wednesday.
Jokowi, along with First Lady Iriana, took a one-hour flight at 9 a.m. Thursday from Surakarta to Jakarta.
In Jakarta, the President headed straight to the Presidential Palace to preside over a ceremony naming national hero titles.
Jokowi is also scheduled to welcome South Korean President Moon Jae-in at Bogor Palace, located on the outskirts of Jakarta, on Thursday afternoon, where the two leaders are expected to discuss trade and security. It is Moon's first state visit after he took office in May.
On the sidelines of Kahiyang's wedding, Jokowi visited areas in the province and neighboring East Java.
For instance, Jokowi attended two events on social forestry in Boyolali, Central Java, and in Madiun, East Java.
He also handed out land certificates to local residents in Madiun and Sragen regency in Central Java. (ipa)
- Indonesia extends export recommendation for Freeport
- Jakarta-Bandung railway project won’t meet target: Minister
- Jakarta prepares traffic strategy for Asian Games
- Mt. Sinabung spews massive smoke-and-ash column
- Anti-LGBT team established in Depok
- Supreme Court receives Ahok’s case review petition
- Visitors flock to Kopi Johny to talk to Hotman Paris Hutapea about legal matters
- Myanmar seizes drugs and equipment worth $7 m in lab raid
- Tearful French skater's 'worst nightmare' after dress mishap
- Online shops offer ‘Black Panther’-inspired ‘baju koko’