Jokowi back to work in Jakarta a day after daughter's wedding
The Jakarta Post
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo had very little time to rest after the wedding of his daughter Kahiyang Ayu to Muhammad Bobby Afif Nasution in Surakarta, Central Java, on Wednesday, as he was back in Jakarta the very next day to face a busy agenda.
Jokowi and First Lady Iriana boarded the presidential aircraft at Adi Sumarmo Airport in Boyolali, Central Java, at 9 a.m. local time to depart for the capital on Thursday.
Soon after the aircraft landed at Halim Perdanakusuma Airport in East Jakarta at around 9:55 a.m., they headed to the State Palace where the President was scheduled to lead a ceremony to name Indonesia’s new national heroes at 11 a.m.
After the ceremony, the President greeted South Korean President Moon Jae-in for the latter’s first state visit to Indonesia after his election in May.
Both leaders will witness the signing of three memorandums of understanding and conclude their meeting with a state banquet.
During his stay in Surakarta, Jokowi, was not only busy with his daughter’s wedding, he also attended social forestry events in Boyolali, Central Java, and Madiun, East Java. (ebf)
- Moon, Kim get peace award from Indonesian community
- Only 2% of ads show women as leaders: Study
- Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja stuns 'American Idol' judges
- Here comes Bui Squad: Palu inmates help earthquake, tsunami survivors
- Dark side of K-pop: The East Light leader claims years of abuse
- Nudist beach surfer punches shark to escape attack
- Saudi Arabia deployed Twitter army against critics: NY Times
- US mulls revoking recognition of transgender people: Report
- Meikarta project abides by spatial regulation: Minister
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world