Teenager injured in landslide in Bogor
The Jakarta Post
A motorist on Jl. Raya Puncak in Cisarua, Bogor, was caught in a landslide that closed part of the road on Thursday morning.
Fahmi, 16, suffered minor injuries as a result.
The victim was driving his motorcycle at around 2 a.m. when a 4-meter high cliff around the Riung Gunung area accidentally collapsed and buried him, Bogor police spokesman Adj. Comr. Ita Puspitalena said.
Fahmi was then rushed to Cibeureum Hospital for medical treatment. "He suffered injuries to his legs, but the doctor allowed him to go home," Ita said as quoted by bogor.tribunnews.com.
Ita added that the landslide, which was caused by severe rain, also closed some part of the road. "However, the mud has been cleaned and the road can now be used normally again," she said. (yon)
- Wu's fans skip Chinese New Year for NBA All Star celebrity game
- Father-son duo arrested over alleged drug dealing
- China vows to protect interests as US eyes trade sanctions
- Italy's country doctor making house calls on horseback
- Indonesia mulls ban on maids to Malaysia
- Adelina’s family demands compensation
- Vatican revives pope's sexual abuse panel
- East Java targets to vaccinate 10m following diphtheria outbreak
- Pakistan child killer handed four death sentences
- PBB, PKPI ineligible for 2019 elections: KPU