Teenager injured in landslide in Bogor
The Jakarta Post
A motorist on Jl. Raya Puncak in Cisarua, Bogor, was caught in a landslide that closed part of the road on Thursday morning.
Fahmi, 16, suffered minor injuries as a result.
The victim was driving his motorcycle at around 2 a.m. when a 4-meter high cliff around the Riung Gunung area accidentally collapsed and buried him, Bogor police spokesman Adj. Comr. Ita Puspitalena said.
Fahmi was then rushed to Cibeureum Hospital for medical treatment. "He suffered injuries to his legs, but the doctor allowed him to go home," Ita said as quoted by bogor.tribunnews.com.
Ita added that the landslide, which was caused by severe rain, also closed some part of the road. "However, the mud has been cleaned and the road can now be used normally again," she said. (yon)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Creator of 3-D printed guns flies to Taiwan amid US sex assault accusation
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- US court rules for Colorado 'intersex' veteran denied passport
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Malaysia ex-PM faces 21 new charges over 1MDB scandal
- Groups welcome Jokowi’s palm plantation moratorium
- Tourism Ministry declares five dishes national food