Teenager injured in landslide in Bogor
The Jakarta Post
A motorist on Jl. Raya Puncak in Cisarua, Bogor, was caught in a landslide that closed part of the road on Thursday morning.
Fahmi, 16, suffered minor injuries as a result.
The victim was driving his motorcycle at around 2 a.m. when a 4-meter high cliff around the Riung Gunung area accidentally collapsed and buried him, Bogor police spokesman Adj. Comr. Ita Puspitalena said.
Fahmi was then rushed to Cibeureum Hospital for medical treatment. "He suffered injuries to his legs, but the doctor allowed him to go home," Ita said as quoted by bogor.tribunnews.com.
Ita added that the landslide, which was caused by severe rain, also closed some part of the road. "However, the mud has been cleaned and the road can now be used normally again," she said. (yon)
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Suspected terrorist shot dead in Pamanukan for resisting arrest
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- US Navy planning new camps to support immigration crackdown: Report
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Cuba to get ready for same sex marriage: Castro daughter
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- 5 wall shelf design ideas for small spaces