Thousand Islands residents reclaim land using waste
The Jakarta Post
Residents of Thousand Islands regency have reclaimed land using waste and sand and built homes on it, an official said on Thursday.
Reclamation attempts on several islands has been going on for years and had been the subject of research, he said.
"Reclamation can be clearly seen on Panggang Island," Thousand Islands Regent Irmansyah said as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
Irmansyah said such reclamation attempts were dangerous and needed to be stopped.
The regency has formed a team to gather data on unofficially reclaimed land before acting to curb it, he said. (cal)
- Twitter says Russia-linked accounts more widespread
- Airport trains no longer have single fare
- Satpol PP officer dies after being hit by airport train
- Tom Petty died of accidental overdose: family
- French founder strives to elevate Indonesian brand at Maison&Objet
- Electronic parking meters on Jl Sabang to be reactivated
- Europe brings on charm and blue skies to lure Chinese tourists
- Facebook to let users rank 'trust' in news sources
- Bekasi Police arrest alleged sexual abuser after three-month pursuit
- Depok Police release sexual assault suspect from detention