Thousand Islands residents reclaim land using waste
The Jakarta Post
Residents of Thousand Islands regency have reclaimed land using waste and sand and built homes on it, an official said on Thursday.
Reclamation attempts on several islands has been going on for years and had been the subject of research, he said.
"Reclamation can be clearly seen on Panggang Island," Thousand Islands Regent Irmansyah said as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
Irmansyah said such reclamation attempts were dangerous and needed to be stopped.
The regency has formed a team to gather data on unofficially reclaimed land before acting to curb it, he said. (cal)
- Lake Toba to hold Gowes Samosir cycling event
- Karetan Market partners with waste management startup company
- Celebrity Fitri Carlina endorses Wonderful Indonesia, Banyuwangi tourism
- Block porn or be blocked, Indonesia warns Google, Twitter
- Tourism Ministry, KBRI promote five Indonesian destinations in Thailand
- West Papua to host Senja Kaimana Festival 2017
- Karetan Market holds vlog competition for visitors
- Facebook launches new ‘Facebook Creator’ app for video content creators
- Apple pushes back release of HomePod speaker to 2018
- East Java to host Situbondo Carnival