Husband of shot doctor surrenders to police
The Jakarta Post
A doctor who allegedly fatally shot his wife at Az-Zahra Medical Center in Cawang, East Jakarta, turned himself into the police on Thursday afternoon.
He apparently confessed to shooting his wife, Letty Sultri, 46, who was also a doctor.
The police said he had two hand-made guns in his possession. Letty was shot six times.Read also: Doctor found dead, reportedly shot by husband
Jakarta Police spokesman Sr.Comr. Argo Yuwono said the police were questioning the suspect.
"He hasn't given us complete information," Argo said on Thursday as quoted by kompas.com.
East Jakarta Police chief Sr. Comr. Andry Wibowo said it was suspected that marital problems had led to the incident.
Andry said the suspect had rejected his wife's request for a divorce. (cal)
- Don't be afraid to come to Bali: Minister
- Indonesia Tempeh Movement's Amadeus gives talk at Harvard Business School
- GenPI West Sumatra to host Siti Nurbaya Market
- Jokowi appoints Robert Pakpahan as new tax chief
- Indonesia, South Korea initiate plan to develop electric car battery
- Drone flown over Mount Agung to detect volcanic activity
- 'Real Bali' as Western construct: Rethinking tourism's 'ruination' of Bali
- Researchers spot interstellar visitor
- Anies invited to ‘anti-Ahok’ 212 Rally Alumni gathering
- How social media is polarizing politics