Husband of shot doctor surrenders to police
The Jakarta Post
A doctor who allegedly fatally shot his wife at Az-Zahra Medical Center in Cawang, East Jakarta, turned himself into the police on Thursday afternoon.
He apparently confessed to shooting his wife, Letty Sultri, 46, who was also a doctor.
The police said he had two hand-made guns in his possession. Letty was shot six times.Read also: Doctor found dead, reportedly shot by husband
Jakarta Police spokesman Sr.Comr. Argo Yuwono said the police were questioning the suspect.
"He hasn't given us complete information," Argo said on Thursday as quoted by kompas.com.
East Jakarta Police chief Sr. Comr. Andry Wibowo said it was suspected that marital problems had led to the incident.
Andry said the suspect had rejected his wife's request for a divorce. (cal)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says