Husband of shot doctor surrenders to police
The Jakarta Post
A doctor who allegedly fatally shot his wife at Az-Zahra Medical Center in Cawang, East Jakarta, turned himself into the police on Thursday afternoon.
He apparently confessed to shooting his wife, Letty Sultri, 46, who was also a doctor.
The police said he had two hand-made guns in his possession. Letty was shot six times.Read also: Doctor found dead, reportedly shot by husband
Jakarta Police spokesman Sr.Comr. Argo Yuwono said the police were questioning the suspect.
"He hasn't given us complete information," Argo said on Thursday as quoted by kompas.com.
East Jakarta Police chief Sr. Comr. Andry Wibowo said it was suspected that marital problems had led to the incident.
Andry said the suspect had rejected his wife's request for a divorce. (cal)
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport