Husband of shot doctor surrenders to police
The Jakarta Post
A doctor who allegedly fatally shot his wife at Az-Zahra Medical Center in Cawang, East Jakarta, turned himself into the police on Thursday afternoon.
He apparently confessed to shooting his wife, Letty Sultri, 46, who was also a doctor.
The police said he had two hand-made guns in his possession. Letty was shot six times.Read also: Doctor found dead, reportedly shot by husband
Jakarta Police spokesman Sr.Comr. Argo Yuwono said the police were questioning the suspect.
"He hasn't given us complete information," Argo said on Thursday as quoted by kompas.com.
East Jakarta Police chief Sr. Comr. Andry Wibowo said it was suspected that marital problems had led to the incident.
Andry said the suspect had rejected his wife's request for a divorce. (cal)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Creator of 3-D printed guns flies to Taiwan amid US sex assault accusation
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- US court rules for Colorado 'intersex' veteran denied passport
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Malaysia ex-PM faces 21 new charges over 1MDB scandal
- Groups welcome Jokowi’s palm plantation moratorium
- Tourism Ministry declares five dishes national food