Husband of shot doctor surrenders to police
The Jakarta Post
A doctor who allegedly fatally shot his wife at Az-Zahra Medical Center in Cawang, East Jakarta, turned himself into the police on Thursday afternoon.
He apparently confessed to shooting his wife, Letty Sultri, 46, who was also a doctor.
The police said he had two hand-made guns in his possession. Letty was shot six times.Read also: Doctor found dead, reportedly shot by husband
Jakarta Police spokesman Sr.Comr. Argo Yuwono said the police were questioning the suspect.
"He hasn't given us complete information," Argo said on Thursday as quoted by kompas.com.
East Jakarta Police chief Sr. Comr. Andry Wibowo said it was suspected that marital problems had led to the incident.
Andry said the suspect had rejected his wife's request for a divorce. (cal)
- Pertamina renewable investment portion to reach 15 percent by 2030
- Google Assistant adds more languages in global push
- Apple plans upgrades to popular AirPods headphones
- Construction of Central Jakarta Police headquarters to begin in April
- What to watch for in gadgets, deals from the biggest mobile show
- Actor Stephen Fry reveals battle with prostate cancer
- Deputy governor Perry Warjiyo nominated to head Bank Indonesia
- Hopeful travelers line up overnight for flight promotions
- Death toll in Syria enclave tops 500 after UN delays truce vote
- Bogor reduces more than 5 tons of waste a day