Moment of silence on commuter trains pay tribute to heroes
The Jakarta Post
Commuter line passengers were encouraged to observe a moment of silence on Friday morning to commemorate National Heroes Day.
It was simultaneously held at 8:15 a.m. on every train and at stations under the supervision of train operator PT Kereta Commuter Indonesia (KCI).
"In line with the theme of 2017 National Heroes Day, ‘Strengthen unity to develop the country,' PT KCI invited all commuter lines passengers to remember the sacrifices of the national heroes," the company's spokesperson, Eva Chairunisa, said in a statement.
Announcers at stations and officials on trains invited passengers to take part in the moment of silence through loudspeakers. A moment of silence anthem was then played,” Eva said.
"It is our way of supporting the central government's agenda on Nov. 10," she added.
The national day was also celebrated by conducting a familiarization program of its multi-trip card product at the newly inaugurated Tambun and Cikarang stations in Bekasi, West Java. The officials wore heroes-themed costumes while they were on duty. (yon)
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Indonesia to free Bali Nine drug smuggler Lawrence: Official
- Government to issue new regulation on coal permits
- JT610 victim's bride takes wedding photo shoot without groom
- Associate of close Trump adviser expects to be indicted by Mueller
- Garuda to reopen Jakarta-London route
- University student ‘pseudo poll’: LGBT behavior caused by keeping wrong company...
- Garuda Indonesia records best OTP in Asia Pacific