Moment of silence on commuter trains pay tribute to heroes
The Jakarta Post
Commuter line passengers were encouraged to observe a moment of silence on Friday morning to commemorate National Heroes Day.
It was simultaneously held at 8:15 a.m. on every train and at stations under the supervision of train operator PT Kereta Commuter Indonesia (KCI).
"In line with the theme of 2017 National Heroes Day, ‘Strengthen unity to develop the country,' PT KCI invited all commuter lines passengers to remember the sacrifices of the national heroes," the company's spokesperson, Eva Chairunisa, said in a statement.
Announcers at stations and officials on trains invited passengers to take part in the moment of silence through loudspeakers. A moment of silence anthem was then played,” Eva said.
"It is our way of supporting the central government's agenda on Nov. 10," she added.
The national day was also celebrated by conducting a familiarization program of its multi-trip card product at the newly inaugurated Tambun and Cikarang stations in Bekasi, West Java. The officials wore heroes-themed costumes while they were on duty. (yon)
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling
- What’s in store for final installment of BTS ‘Love Yourself’ saga
- 'Monster Hunter' on hold as China hits pause on new video games
- Coal production at 37.11 percent of full-year target
- Remote China glacial lake bursts, no casualties
- Indonesian academics can now access e-journal databases worth $1m for free
- Indonesia considers reducing imports of 500 consumer goods
- Venezuelan general, colonel arrested over 'attack' on Maduro