Moment of silence on commuter trains pay tribute to heroes
The Jakarta Post
Commuter line passengers were encouraged to observe a moment of silence on Friday morning to commemorate National Heroes Day.
It was simultaneously held at 8:15 a.m. on every train and at stations under the supervision of train operator PT Kereta Commuter Indonesia (KCI).
"In line with the theme of 2017 National Heroes Day, ‘Strengthen unity to develop the country,' PT KCI invited all commuter lines passengers to remember the sacrifices of the national heroes," the company's spokesperson, Eva Chairunisa, said in a statement.
Announcers at stations and officials on trains invited passengers to take part in the moment of silence through loudspeakers. A moment of silence anthem was then played,” Eva said.
"It is our way of supporting the central government's agenda on Nov. 10," she added.
The national day was also celebrated by conducting a familiarization program of its multi-trip card product at the newly inaugurated Tambun and Cikarang stations in Bekasi, West Java. The officials wore heroes-themed costumes while they were on duty. (yon)
- Lake Toba to hold Gowes Samosir cycling event
- Karetan Market partners with waste management startup company
- Celebrity Fitri Carlina endorses Wonderful Indonesia, Banyuwangi tourism
- Block porn or be blocked, Indonesia warns Google, Twitter
- Tourism Ministry, KBRI promote five Indonesian destinations in Thailand
- West Papua to host Senja Kaimana Festival 2017
- Karetan Market holds vlog competition for visitors
- Facebook launches new ‘Facebook Creator’ app for video content creators
- Apple pushes back release of HomePod speaker to 2018
- East Java to host Situbondo Carnival