Moment of silence on commuter trains pay tribute to heroes
The Jakarta Post
Commuter line passengers were encouraged to observe a moment of silence on Friday morning to commemorate National Heroes Day.
It was simultaneously held at 8:15 a.m. on every train and at stations under the supervision of train operator PT Kereta Commuter Indonesia (KCI).
"In line with the theme of 2017 National Heroes Day, ‘Strengthen unity to develop the country,' PT KCI invited all commuter lines passengers to remember the sacrifices of the national heroes," the company's spokesperson, Eva Chairunisa, said in a statement.
Announcers at stations and officials on trains invited passengers to take part in the moment of silence through loudspeakers. A moment of silence anthem was then played,” Eva said.
"It is our way of supporting the central government's agenda on Nov. 10," she added.
The national day was also celebrated by conducting a familiarization program of its multi-trip card product at the newly inaugurated Tambun and Cikarang stations in Bekasi, West Java. The officials wore heroes-themed costumes while they were on duty. (yon)
- Passport stamps becoming a thing of the past
- Vice President Kalla promises shelter for Rohingya refugees in Aceh
- Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
- Jakarta x Beauty festival seeks to promote self-confidence
- Three airlines to move to Terminal 3 in May
- Disney delights 'Star Wars' devotees at CinemaCon
- Foreign workers' regulation to improve investment climate: Minister
- Govt to take legal action against drillers of illegal oil well after fire
- At least 10 killed, dozens injured in oil well fire in Aceh
- Music-streaming millennials eye smart speakers