Road projects in Mampang, Pancoran to finish before 2018 Asian Games
The Jakarta Post
The construction of an underpass connecting Mampang Prapatan and Kuningan in South Jakarta and an overpass in Pancoran, South Jakarta, which began as part of an effort to reduce traffic in the heavily congested areas, is expected to finish before the 2018 Asian Games on Aug. 18.
“We have to make sure to accelerate the projects in Mampang-Kuningan and Pancoran,” Deputy Governor Sandiaga Uno said at Gelora Bung Karno Stadium in Central Jakarta on Sunday as quoted by kompas.com.
Bina Marga road agency head Yusmada Faizal said Semanggi, Mampang-Kuningan and Pancoran were three areas where bottlenecks often occurred.
He said there was less congestion in Semanggi after the completion of the Semanggi Interchange project.
“We hope the Mampang-Kuningan and Pancoran projects will finish by February or March at the latest,” he said.
The agency also planned to widen sidewalks on Jl. Palmerah, Jl. Jenderal Sudirman and Jl. MH Thamrin, Yusmada said, adding that the project on Jl. Palmerah had already started, while the others would be start in December.
“We will do our best to start the projects by December so it can finish by May or June." (ecn)
- Teacher charged with child abuse for slapping students
- Indonesia considers joining TPP-11
- Ants that 'explode' to fight foes discovered on Borneo
- Garuda Indonesia's Kartini Flight features all-female pilots, cabin crew, groundcrew
- Janelle Monae plans dystopian film to accompany album
- Bootleg liquor claims more lives in Bekasi
- School accuses travel agency of fraud
- North Korea's Kim promises no more nuclear or missile tests
- Papuans celebrate womanhood in mangrove forest
- The charm of Disney on Ice