Boy found dead in Ciliwung River
The Jakarta Post
A 7-year-old boy, Zainal Muttaqin, was found dead on Monday afternoon in the Ciliwung River in Pondok Cina, Depok, West Java, after he went missing for two days after falling in the river.
Zainal was found on Saturday about 5 kilometers away from the spot where he fell in Cipayung, Depok.
"We confirmed it was Zaenal," said Depok Fire and Rescue Agency head Yayan Arianto on Monday as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
Yayan said the body was found by a nearby resident, as the rescue team had passed by the spot where the body was located while searching the river.
Thirty rescue personnel, 15 of whom were from the agency, were deployed and had searched for him since Saturday.
Zainal reportedly fell into the river while washing his legs after playing soccer with his friends in Pondok Jaya subdistrict on Saturday afternoon.
His family and residents searched him before reporting him as missing to the agency. (yon)
- PLN has signed contracts for power plants to generate 31,000 MW
- Anies, Sandiaga leave town
- Hundreds of residents escorted out of besieged Papuan villages
- Journalist named suspect over traffic accident involving Setya Novanto
- Victoria's Secret gala hits snag in China as model pulls out
- Pertamina says fuel prices need to be increased
- Jakarta least tolerant city in Indonesia: human rights group
- Paint thinner factory catches fire, no fatalities reported
- Album Review: 'Reputation' by Taylor Swift
- 'Despacito' sweeps Latin Grammys -- and heads to Asia