Boy found dead in Ciliwung River
The Jakarta Post
A 7-year-old boy, Zainal Muttaqin, was found dead on Monday afternoon in the Ciliwung River in Pondok Cina, Depok, West Java, after he went missing for two days after falling in the river.
Zainal was found on Saturday about 5 kilometers away from the spot where he fell in Cipayung, Depok.
"We confirmed it was Zaenal," said Depok Fire and Rescue Agency head Yayan Arianto on Monday as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
Yayan said the body was found by a nearby resident, as the rescue team had passed by the spot where the body was located while searching the river.
Thirty rescue personnel, 15 of whom were from the agency, were deployed and had searched for him since Saturday.
Zainal reportedly fell into the river while washing his legs after playing soccer with his friends in Pondok Jaya subdistrict on Saturday afternoon.
His family and residents searched him before reporting him as missing to the agency. (yon)
- EDITORIAL: Politics in Pertamina shakeup
- Setya Novanto e-ID graft case timeline
- Danareksa eyes Rp 500 billion AUM from new ETF product
- Education ministry cancels anti-LGBT event
- Don't panic, minister says as rupiah weakens
- Man dies of exhaustion on South Jakarta road
- Chiang Mai woman’s tattoo is ‘practical magic’
- Maria Simorangkir crowned Indonesian Idol 2018
- Rp 1 trillion invested through Bareksa digital investment portal
- Big secrets, bumper box-office for 'Avengers: Infinity War'