Boy found dead in Ciliwung River
The Jakarta Post
A 7-year-old boy, Zainal Muttaqin, was found dead on Monday afternoon in the Ciliwung River in Pondok Cina, Depok, West Java, after he went missing for two days after falling in the river.
Zainal was found on Saturday about 5 kilometers away from the spot where he fell in Cipayung, Depok.
"We confirmed it was Zaenal," said Depok Fire and Rescue Agency head Yayan Arianto on Monday as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
Yayan said the body was found by a nearby resident, as the rescue team had passed by the spot where the body was located while searching the river.
Thirty rescue personnel, 15 of whom were from the agency, were deployed and had searched for him since Saturday.
Zainal reportedly fell into the river while washing his legs after playing soccer with his friends in Pondok Jaya subdistrict on Saturday afternoon.
His family and residents searched him before reporting him as missing to the agency. (yon)
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Pence says US to partner in Papua New Guinea military base
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- US politician stands to win election by one vote
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Number of missing in California fire soars past 1,000 as Trump set to visit
- CIA concludes Saudi Crown Prince behind Khashoggi murder: report
- Minister Wiranto's grandson drowns in garden pond
- After Gabo book purge, Kuwait bans Dostoyevsky