Boy found dead in Ciliwung River
The Jakarta Post
A 7-year-old boy, Zainal Muttaqin, was found dead on Monday afternoon in the Ciliwung River in Pondok Cina, Depok, West Java, after he went missing for two days after falling in the river.
Zainal was found on Saturday about 5 kilometers away from the spot where he fell in Cipayung, Depok.
"We confirmed it was Zaenal," said Depok Fire and Rescue Agency head Yayan Arianto on Monday as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
Yayan said the body was found by a nearby resident, as the rescue team had passed by the spot where the body was located while searching the river.
Thirty rescue personnel, 15 of whom were from the agency, were deployed and had searched for him since Saturday.
Zainal reportedly fell into the river while washing his legs after playing soccer with his friends in Pondok Jaya subdistrict on Saturday afternoon.
His family and residents searched him before reporting him as missing to the agency. (yon)
- Chris Hemsworth is done with being Thor ‘contractually’ after fourth movie
- Indonesia to auction 43 oil and gas blocks by March
- Jokowi calls on banks to expand credits to small businesses
- Post-reform ethnic Chinese paintings
- Australian Open: Tantrums, trolls and temperature tumbles
- Booby-trapped messaging apps used for spying: researchers
- 9 TED Talks to help you through your quarter-life crisis
- Student dies after being hit by Transjakarta bus
- Here's what Celine Dion's Diamond ticket will give you
- Indonesia, Bangladesh kick off pre-trade talks