Boy found dead in Ciliwung River
The Jakarta Post
A 7-year-old boy, Zainal Muttaqin, was found dead on Monday afternoon in the Ciliwung River in Pondok Cina, Depok, West Java, after he went missing for two days after falling in the river.
Zainal was found on Saturday about 5 kilometers away from the spot where he fell in Cipayung, Depok.
"We confirmed it was Zaenal," said Depok Fire and Rescue Agency head Yayan Arianto on Monday as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
Yayan said the body was found by a nearby resident, as the rescue team had passed by the spot where the body was located while searching the river.
Thirty rescue personnel, 15 of whom were from the agency, were deployed and had searched for him since Saturday.
Zainal reportedly fell into the river while washing his legs after playing soccer with his friends in Pondok Jaya subdistrict on Saturday afternoon.
His family and residents searched him before reporting him as missing to the agency. (yon)
- Joey Alexander’s new music video showcases the beauty of Bali
- Indonesia sees 7 brutal animal killings in 2018
- Shell eyeing Indonesia's LNG market
- A world without America
- UK's official Brexit campaign fined, referred to police
- Malaysia issues arrest warrants for ex-1MDB executives
- Thailand's cave boys wake up at home for first time in weeks
- Beijing's new airport comes with new construction tech
- A guide to understanding the Freeport divestment deal
- Indonesia to invite Kim Jong-un, Moon Jae-in to attend Asiad