Murder suspect doctor acquired gun through Facebook: Jakarta police
The Jakarta Post
Ryan Helmi, a doctor alleged to have shot dead his wife, got his gun from a dealer he found on Facebook, police have said.
Jakarta Police violent crimes unit head Adj. Sr. Comr. Hendy F. Kurniawan said one of the two guns the suspect allegedly used to murder his wife, Letty Sultri, who was also a doctor, was bought from a dealer on the popular social media site.
“Based on the suspect’s claims, he got a revolver through Facebook and a Makarov from an individual identified as S,” Hendy said during a case reconstruction at the Az-Zahra medical clinic on Jl. Dewi Sartika in East Jakarta on Monday.Read also: Doctor found dead, reportedly shot by husband
Hendy added that investigators were still trying to find out where S had acquired the Makarov, a pistol produced in Russia.
Letty, 46, was found dead at the Az-Zahra medical center in Cawang, East Jakarta, on Thursday afternoon. She was reportedly shot six times.Read also: Husband of shot doctor surrenders to police
The alleged crime occurred at around 2 p.m. when Helmi arrived at the clinic and reportedly began to argue with Letty about their marriage.
Police said Helmi had rejected Letty’s request for a divorce.
Helmi fled the clinic after shooting Letty, according to police, but turned himself in later that afternoon.
Police say Letty had previously reported Helmi for alleged domestic violence but later retracted her statement. (fac)
- Me and my (porn) shadow: 'Spycam' epidemic seizes South Korea
- Setya Novanto pays $50,000 in restitution installment to KPK
- Moon, Kim get peace award from Indonesian community
- Four earthquakes strike off Canada's west coast
- Indonesian tourism set to beat Thailand in 5 years
- Suspected HTI flag burning sparks controversy among Muslims
- Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja stuns 'American Idol' judges
- Australia hits five Myanmar generals with sanctions
- Meikarta project abides by spatial regulation: Minister
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world