Former Allianz Life executives reported to police, again
The Jakarta Post
Two former executives of PT Asuransi Allianz Life Indonesia, Joachim Wessling and Yuliana Firmansyah have again been reported to police by former clients for allegedly violating the 1999 Consumer Protection Law.
Alvin Lim, lawyer for Mario Sastra Wijaya and Sulaeman, accused the former Allianz Life executives of obstructing his clients in the process of making insurance claims.
"They asked [my clients] to include complete medical records as requirements for claiming the insurance," Alvin said at the Jakarta Police office on Tuesday, as quoted by kompas.com.
Alvin explained that such a requirement was impossible to fulfill, as the 2008 Health Ministry regulation on medical records and the 2012 regulation on medical confidentiality stipulate that health practitioners are only allowed to issue conclusions on health records.
"The total claim of Pak Mario amounts to Rp 25.5 million [US$1,883], while that of Pak Sulaeman is Rp 40.5 million," Alvin said.
Unlike Ifranius Algadri and Indah Goena Nanda, two clients who previously reported Joachim and Yuliana in similar cases, the lawyer made sure that his clients would not drop their reports. "I've asked their commitment not to drop their reports and will pursue the case to court," he said.
Ifranius and Indah dropped their reports against the insurance company earlier this month, while police have named Joachim and Yuliana suspects and have issued travel bans for them. (yon)
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Commentary: Another side of the elderly: You reap what you sow
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Empty Jakarta during Idul Fitri serves as Instagrammable photo opportunity
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan dies aged 62
- One dead, five wounded in Malmo shooting: police
- Tourism's fatal warning
- BREAKING: Boat with 80 passengers capsizes in Lake Toba