Pedestrian dies after being hit by Transjakarta bus
The Jakarta Post
A pedestrian identified as Karim has reportedly died after being hit by a Transjakarta bus on Jl. Raya Mampang Prapatan in Mampang, South Jakarta, on Monday.
The incident occurred in front of the Tunas Toyota building at around 11:30 a.m., Mampang Prapatan Police spokesman Second Insp. Sukarno said.
Karim, a resident of Tanah Abang in Central Jakarta, entered the road through a gap in the guardrail. He apparently did not see that a Transjakarta minibus was approaching fast.
"The victim died on the scene, and the body has been taken to the Cipto Mangungkusomo Hospital [in Central Jakarta] for an autopsy," Sukarno said, as quoted by kompas.com. (yon)
- Chris Hemsworth is done with being Thor ‘contractually’ after fourth movie
- Indonesia to auction 43 oil and gas blocks by March
- Jokowi calls on banks to expand credits to small businesses
- Post-reform ethnic Chinese paintings
- Australian Open: Tantrums, trolls and temperature tumbles
- Booby-trapped messaging apps used for spying: researchers
- 9 TED Talks to help you through your quarter-life crisis
- Student dies after being hit by Transjakarta bus
- Here's what Celine Dion's Diamond ticket will give you
- Indonesia, Bangladesh kick off pre-trade talks