Pedestrian dies after being hit by Transjakarta bus
The Jakarta Post
A pedestrian identified as Karim has reportedly died after being hit by a Transjakarta bus on Jl. Raya Mampang Prapatan in Mampang, South Jakarta, on Monday.
The incident occurred in front of the Tunas Toyota building at around 11:30 a.m., Mampang Prapatan Police spokesman Second Insp. Sukarno said.
Karim, a resident of Tanah Abang in Central Jakarta, entered the road through a gap in the guardrail. He apparently did not see that a Transjakarta minibus was approaching fast.
"The victim died on the scene, and the body has been taken to the Cipto Mangungkusomo Hospital [in Central Jakarta] for an autopsy," Sukarno said, as quoted by kompas.com. (yon)
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos
- Republican urges conservatives to run against Trump in 2020
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape
- Jokowi won't grant Nuril amnesty
- A father’s love: Wiranto explains why his daughter wears niqab
- Indonesia mosques spreading radicalism to government workers: Official