Pedestrian dies after being hit by Transjakarta bus
The Jakarta Post
A pedestrian identified as Karim has reportedly died after being hit by a Transjakarta bus on Jl. Raya Mampang Prapatan in Mampang, South Jakarta, on Monday.
The incident occurred in front of the Tunas Toyota building at around 11:30 a.m., Mampang Prapatan Police spokesman Second Insp. Sukarno said.
Karim, a resident of Tanah Abang in Central Jakarta, entered the road through a gap in the guardrail. He apparently did not see that a Transjakarta minibus was approaching fast.
"The victim died on the scene, and the body has been taken to the Cipto Mangungkusomo Hospital [in Central Jakarta] for an autopsy," Sukarno said, as quoted by kompas.com. (yon)
- Teacher charged with child abuse for slapping students
- Indonesia considers joining TPP-11
- Ants that 'explode' to fight foes discovered on Borneo
- Garuda Indonesia's Kartini Flight features all-female pilots, cabin crew, groundcrew
- Janelle Monae plans dystopian film to accompany album
- Bootleg liquor claims more lives in Bekasi
- School accuses travel agency of fraud
- North Korea's Kim promises no more nuclear or missile tests
- Papuans celebrate womanhood in mangrove forest
- The charm of Disney on Ice