Pedestrian dies after being hit by Transjakarta bus
The Jakarta Post
A pedestrian identified as Karim has reportedly died after being hit by a Transjakarta bus on Jl. Raya Mampang Prapatan in Mampang, South Jakarta, on Monday.
The incident occurred in front of the Tunas Toyota building at around 11:30 a.m., Mampang Prapatan Police spokesman Second Insp. Sukarno said.
Karim, a resident of Tanah Abang in Central Jakarta, entered the road through a gap in the guardrail. He apparently did not see that a Transjakarta minibus was approaching fast.
"The victim died on the scene, and the body has been taken to the Cipto Mangungkusomo Hospital [in Central Jakarta] for an autopsy," Sukarno said, as quoted by kompas.com. (yon)
- PLN has signed contracts for power plants to generate 31,000 MW
- Anies, Sandiaga leave town
- Hundreds of residents escorted out of besieged Papuan villages
- Journalist named suspect over traffic accident involving Setya Novanto
- Victoria's Secret gala hits snag in China as model pulls out
- Pertamina says fuel prices need to be increased
- Jakarta least tolerant city in Indonesia: human rights group
- Paint thinner factory catches fire, no fatalities reported
- Album Review: 'Reputation' by Taylor Swift
- 'Despacito' sweeps Latin Grammys -- and heads to Asia