Pedestrian dies after being hit by Transjakarta bus
The Jakarta Post
A pedestrian identified as Karim has reportedly died after being hit by a Transjakarta bus on Jl. Raya Mampang Prapatan in Mampang, South Jakarta, on Monday.
The incident occurred in front of the Tunas Toyota building at around 11:30 a.m., Mampang Prapatan Police spokesman Second Insp. Sukarno said.
Karim, a resident of Tanah Abang in Central Jakarta, entered the road through a gap in the guardrail. He apparently did not see that a Transjakarta minibus was approaching fast.
"The victim died on the scene, and the body has been taken to the Cipto Mangungkusomo Hospital [in Central Jakarta] for an autopsy," Sukarno said, as quoted by kompas.com. (yon)
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- Attempt to send underage prostitutes to Bali ends at airport: Police