Human rights groups lose hope in Jokowi
Nurul Fitri Ramadhani and Gemma Holliani Cahya
The Jakarta Post
With the 2018 regional elections and the 2019 presidential election fast approaching, hopes are dimming that President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo will ever fulfill his promise to resolve past human rights abuse cases.
Entering his fourth year in office, Jokowi shows no signs of taking concrete actions to bring human rights violators to justice.
“It has been three years and we are l...
- Students illegally worked overtime at Apple supplier
- Jakarta to give Rp 1.6 trillion to mass organizations, religious institutions
- OK OCE budget set at Rp 82 billion
- Several villages hit by volcanic ash after Mt. Agung erupts in Bali
- Bandung man arrested for insulting Jokowi, Iriana on Facebook
- Malaysia to import chickens, ducks from Indonesia
- Karawang sets highest minimum wage in Indonesia
- 'Marlina' redefines women’s strength through polar extremes
- Government should turn attention to human resources development
- Pope to meet Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh