Human rights groups lose hope in Jokowi
Nurul Fitri Ramadhani and Gemma Holliani Cahya
The Jakarta Post
With the 2018 regional elections and the 2019 presidential election fast approaching, hopes are dimming that President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo will ever fulfill his promise to resolve past human rights abuse cases.
Entering his fourth year in office, Jokowi shows no signs of taking concrete actions to bring human rights violators to justice.
“It has been three years and we are l...
- Study to challenge claim Indonesia second-biggest marine polluter
- Let them eat quinoa: Malaysian PM mocked for being out of touch
- BREAKING: PDI-P officially endorses Jokowi for 2019 presidential election
- Katy Perry: Her vibes on Jakarta's energy
- Two injured in Louisiana university shooting
- Booking.com reveals most affordable months to travel
- Anies remains tight-lipped after being reported to police
- Turkey navy 'threatens force' against Italy drillship: Cyprus
- Baby lobster smugglers arrested
- Kaum Jakarta named capital's restaurant of the year