Island focus: Govt urged to tackle femicide
The Jakarta Post
The National Commission on Violence Against Women (Komnas Perempuan) has called on the government and all stakeholders to take action over worrying reports of femicide, the killing of females because they are females.
Citing media research, the commission said it had found 15 femicide cases during 2017, of which only five cases had been reported directly to the authorities. The commission s...
- Uber, Grab to adjust with new decree
- Indonesia expects to pass data protection bill in 2018
- President Jokowi purchases custom motorcycle, boosts local businesses
- BI investigates use of bitcoin in Bali
- Ed Sheeran announces engagement
- Several Ukrainians among 18 dead in Taliban attack on Kabul hotel
- Sundance debuts dark tale of triplets split at birth
- Man shot dead in night club's parking lot in Bogor
- Fashion brand celebrates third anniversary by cleaning Baduy tribal areas
- Two dead, seven injured in Prague hotel fire