Island focus: Govt urged to tackle femicide
The Jakarta Post
The National Commission on Violence Against Women (Komnas Perempuan) has called on the government and all stakeholders to take action over worrying reports of femicide, the killing of females because they are females.
Citing media research, the commission said it had found 15 femicide cases during 2017, of which only five cases had been reported directly to the authorities. The commission s...
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- What’s in store for final installment of BTS ‘Love Yourself’ saga
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling
- 'Monster Hunter' on hold as China hits pause on new video games
- Coal production at 37.11 percent of full-year target
- Indonesian academics can now access e-journal databases worth $1m for free
- Remote China glacial lake bursts, no casualties
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia considers reducing imports of 500 consumer goods