Island focus: Illegal miners reoccupy national park
The Jakarta Post
Illegal gold miners hailing from many different areas have surreptitiously returned to Lore Lindu National Park in Dongi-Dongi village, Poso regency, Central Sulawesi.
The illegal miners came in groups at night and dug open pits in the protected area, the head of Lore Lindu National Park, Sudayatna, said.
“There are still miners sneaking into the national park to search for gold or...
- Study to challenge claim Indonesia second-biggest marine polluter
- Let them eat quinoa: Malaysian PM mocked for being out of touch
- BREAKING: PDI-P officially endorses Jokowi for 2019 presidential election
- Katy Perry: Her vibes on Jakarta's energy
- Two injured in Louisiana university shooting
- Booking.com reveals most affordable months to travel
- Anies remains tight-lipped after being reported to police
- Turkey navy 'threatens force' against Italy drillship: Cyprus
- Baby lobster smugglers arrested
- Kaum Jakarta named capital's restaurant of the year