Nov. 10: One’s heroes are others’ villains
Nov. 10 is Heroes’ Day and will remain so. For some, however, the days surrounding that date in 1945 are a nightmare. What made them such a horror was the Bersiap — the violent attacks of Indonesian independent guerilla fighters killing hundreds of allegedly pro-Dutch Indo-Europeans, Chinese, Ambonese and Manadonese.
Bersiap was the word used by the Japanese-trained militia, the PETA, ...
- Students illegally worked overtime at Apple supplier
- Jakarta to give Rp 1.6 trillion to mass organizations, religious institutions
- OK OCE budget set at Rp 82 billion
- Several villages hit by volcanic ash after Mt. Agung erupts in Bali
- Bandung man arrested for insulting Jokowi, Iriana on Facebook
- Malaysia to import chickens, ducks from Indonesia
- Karawang sets highest minimum wage in Indonesia
- 'Marlina' redefines women’s strength through polar extremes
- Government should turn attention to human resources development
- Pope to meet Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh