Nov. 10: One’s heroes are others’ villains
Nov. 10 is Heroes’ Day and will remain so. For some, however, the days surrounding that date in 1945 are a nightmare. What made them such a horror was the Bersiap — the violent attacks of Indonesian independent guerilla fighters killing hundreds of allegedly pro-Dutch Indo-Europeans, Chinese, Ambonese and Manadonese.
Bersiap was the word used by the Japanese-trained militia, the PETA, ...
- Study to challenge claim Indonesia second-biggest marine polluter
- Let them eat quinoa: Malaysian PM mocked for being out of touch
- BREAKING: PDI-P officially endorses Jokowi for 2019 presidential election
- Katy Perry: Her vibes on Jakarta's energy
- Two injured in Louisiana university shooting
- Booking.com reveals most affordable months to travel
- Anies remains tight-lipped after being reported to police
- Turkey navy 'threatens force' against Italy drillship: Cyprus
- Baby lobster smugglers arrested
- Kaum Jakarta named capital's restaurant of the year