Shoppers go on buying binge at Matahari store in West Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
The Matahari store in Taman Anggrek shopping mall in West Jakarta on Wednesday was overrun by shoppers after it offered huge discounts prior to closing its doors.
PT Matahari Department Store, which currently has 156 outlets across the country, said it would shut its stores in Taman Anggrek mall and Lombok City Center, West Nusa Tenggara, on Dec. 3 and Dec 31, respectively.
Matahari’s Taman Anggrek store is to close its doors because it did not agree with the mall building's management over the layout, according to a letter sent to suppliers on Nov. 16. Meanwhile, the Lombok City Center store had performed poorly.
Matahari, which also closed its stores in Manggarai and Blok M, South Jakarta, offered huge discounts, especially at the Taman Anggrek store. The offer attracted hundreds of shoppers who snapped up the cheap items.
Due to the shoppers’ enthusiasm, the store’s exhibition area was littered with trampled shoe boxes. (agn)
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- Republican urges conservatives to run against Trump in 2020
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Political parties clash over sharia-based bylaws
- Indonesia mosques spreading radicalism to government workers: Official