KPK slaps travel ban on Setya’s wife
The Jakarta Post
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) has requested the Immigration Office issue a travel ban on Deisti Astriani Tagor, the wife of House of Representatives Speaker and graft suspect Setya Novanto.
“Investigators need her statement as a witness for suspect Anang Sugiana Sudihardjo in the [electronic ID graft] case,” KPK spokesman Febri Diansyah said in a statement on Thursday. He added that the ban would be valid for the next six months from Nov. 21.
Anang is the president director of PT Quadra Solution, which was part of the consortium that won the tender for the procurement of the electronic identity system. He is suspected of having bribed lawmakers via businessman Andi Agustinus, also known as Andi Narogong, another defendant in the case.
Deisti was previously questioned by KPK investigators about her capacity as former PT Mondialindo Graha Perdana commissioner. The company, according to the KPK, owns the biggest stake in security printing firm PT Murakabi Sejahtera, one of the companies participating in the e-ID tender process. (ahw)
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut
- Floods, toppled trees disrupt Transjakarta services
- Jakarta administration criticized for not uploading meeting videos
- ‘Wonder’, a wonderfully heartwarming film for all
- Heavy rainfall unanticipated, says BPBD
- Anies visits inundated underpass in Dukuh Atas