Jokowi to report Metallica box set to KPK
The Jakarta Post
President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo is planning to file a report to the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) regarding the Metallica box set he received from Danish Prime Minister Lars Løkke Rasmussen.
"The President is planning to report the gift of the Metallica vinyl records to the KPK," presidential spokesperson Johan Budi said.
Johan said Jokowi would make the report this week and for the time being Metallica's Master of Puppets vinyl box set was being kept at the Bogor Palace.
The visiting Danish prime minister gave Jokowi the box-set during a bilateral meeting at the palace on Tuesday afternoon.
"Prime Minister Rasmussen understands my favorite [music],” Jokowi said, while accepting two volumes of the box set.
In 2013, the KPK confiscated a bass guitar given to Jokowi by a music promoter after concluding that it was a form of gratuity. The bass guitar was signed by Metallica's current bass player Robert Trujillo.
Meanwhile, Metallica's drummer Lars Ulrich, a native of Denmark, said he was happy Jokowi had accepted the gift. Ulrich personally signed one volume of the two box sets given to Jokowi on Tuesday.
“This is way cool […] I signed an MOP box set for Danish Prime Minister Lars Løkke Rasmussen to give to Indonesian President Joko Widodo who is well known as a huge fan of rock music and came to see us in Jakarta in ’13 […] music really does connect people!!!," Ulrich said in his Instagram post on Wednesday.
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- Floods, toppled trees disrupt Transjakarta services
- Heavy rainfall unanticipated, says BPBD
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut
- Jakarta administration criticized for not uploading meeting videos
- ‘Wonder’, a wonderfully heartwarming film for all
- Chengdu tops list as China's happiest city