KPK arrests Jambi legislators for alleged bribery
Jon Afrizal and Kharishar Kahfi
The Jakarta Post
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) arrested 10 people in Jakarta and Jambi on Tuesday for their alleged involvement in a bribery case related to the discussion of the 2018 Jambi Regional Budget (APBD).
Seven people arrested in Jambi have been taken to the province’s police headquarters for questioning. Investigators also confiscated at least Rp 1 billion (US$ 74,063.10) during the arrests.
Those arrested include two Jambi Legislative Council (DPRD) members Supriyono and Nurhayati, Jambi administration official Syaifuddin and National Mandate Party (PAN) member Geni Waseso.
The identities of three other people who were arrested in Jakarta remain unknown. KPK spokesperson Febri Diansyah said on Tuesday that the anti-graft body was still investigating those arrested.
“There is suspected bribery of state officials related to the discussion of the APBD Jambi for 2018,” added Febri. (hol/ebf)
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China
- Costly holiday
- BREAKING: Indonesia passes stronger antiterrorism law
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official
- Indonesia shakes off nerves for Thomas Cup semifinal against China
- Malaysia's defeated UMNO party asks for its money back
- US wasted billions in failed Afghan stabilization efforts: official
- Everest's Hillary Step now a 'slope': Climber