KPK arrests Jambi legislators for alleged bribery
Jon Afrizal and Kharishar Kahfi
The Jakarta Post
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) arrested 10 people in Jakarta and Jambi on Tuesday for their alleged involvement in a bribery case related to the discussion of the 2018 Jambi Regional Budget (APBD).
Seven people arrested in Jambi have been taken to the province’s police headquarters for questioning. Investigators also confiscated at least Rp 1 billion (US$ 74,063.10) during the arrests.
Those arrested include two Jambi Legislative Council (DPRD) members Supriyono and Nurhayati, Jambi administration official Syaifuddin and National Mandate Party (PAN) member Geni Waseso.
The identities of three other people who were arrested in Jakarta remain unknown. KPK spokesperson Febri Diansyah said on Tuesday that the anti-graft body was still investigating those arrested.
“There is suspected bribery of state officials related to the discussion of the APBD Jambi for 2018,” added Febri. (hol/ebf)
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- Floods, toppled trees disrupt Transjakarta services
- Heavy rainfall unanticipated, says BPBD
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut
- Jakarta administration criticized for not uploading meeting videos
- ‘Wonder’, a wonderfully heartwarming film for all
- Chengdu tops list as China's happiest city