KPK arrests Jambi legislators for alleged bribery
Jon Afrizal and Kharishar Kahfi
The Jakarta Post
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) arrested 10 people in Jakarta and Jambi on Tuesday for their alleged involvement in a bribery case related to the discussion of the 2018 Jambi Regional Budget (APBD).
Seven people arrested in Jambi have been taken to the province’s police headquarters for questioning. Investigators also confiscated at least Rp 1 billion (US$ 74,063.10) during the arrests.
Those arrested include two Jambi Legislative Council (DPRD) members Supriyono and Nurhayati, Jambi administration official Syaifuddin and National Mandate Party (PAN) member Geni Waseso.
The identities of three other people who were arrested in Jakarta remain unknown. KPK spokesperson Febri Diansyah said on Tuesday that the anti-graft body was still investigating those arrested.
“There is suspected bribery of state officials related to the discussion of the APBD Jambi for 2018,” added Febri. (hol/ebf)
- Indonesia extends export recommendation for Freeport
- Jakarta prepares traffic strategy for Asian Games
- Mt. Sinabung spews massive smoke-and-ash column
- Jakarta-Bandung railway project won’t meet target: Minister
- Anti-LGBT team established in Depok
- Visitors flock to Kopi Johny to talk to Hotman Paris Hutapea about legal matters
- Tearful French skater's 'worst nightmare' after dress mishap
- IS ambush kills 27 pro-government fighters in Iraq
- Myanmar seizes drugs and equipment worth $7 m in lab raid
- Online shops offer ‘Black Panther’-inspired ‘baju koko’