KPK arrests Jambi legislators for alleged bribery
Jon Afrizal and Kharishar Kahfi
The Jakarta Post
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) arrested 10 people in Jakarta and Jambi on Tuesday for their alleged involvement in a bribery case related to the discussion of the 2018 Jambi Regional Budget (APBD).
Seven people arrested in Jambi have been taken to the province’s police headquarters for questioning. Investigators also confiscated at least Rp 1 billion (US$ 74,063.10) during the arrests.
Those arrested include two Jambi Legislative Council (DPRD) members Supriyono and Nurhayati, Jambi administration official Syaifuddin and National Mandate Party (PAN) member Geni Waseso.
The identities of three other people who were arrested in Jakarta remain unknown. KPK spokesperson Febri Diansyah said on Tuesday that the anti-graft body was still investigating those arrested.
“There is suspected bribery of state officials related to the discussion of the APBD Jambi for 2018,” added Febri. (hol/ebf)
- Google Search introduces new feature to reduce clicks
- Shots fired at US embassy in Ankara, no casualties
- Pontianak urges school closure for smog
- Asian Games: Poor ticket handling after spectacular opening
- BREAKING: Another 7-magnitude quake hits Lombok
- Asian Games: Flags rise again for swimming medalists after Sun's demand
- Model claiming Trump secrets pleads not guilty in Thailand case
- Trump lashes out at Russia probe as 'McCarthyism'
- Four Japan athletes booted from Asian Games in prostitute scandal
- Asian Games: We need more experience, says Indonesia wrestling team after failur...