KPK arrests Jambi legislators for alleged bribery
Jon Afrizal and Kharishar Kahfi
The Jakarta Post
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) arrested 10 people in Jakarta and Jambi on Tuesday for their alleged involvement in a bribery case related to the discussion of the 2018 Jambi Regional Budget (APBD).
Seven people arrested in Jambi have been taken to the province’s police headquarters for questioning. Investigators also confiscated at least Rp 1 billion (US$ 74,063.10) during the arrests.
Those arrested include two Jambi Legislative Council (DPRD) members Supriyono and Nurhayati, Jambi administration official Syaifuddin and National Mandate Party (PAN) member Geni Waseso.
The identities of three other people who were arrested in Jakarta remain unknown. KPK spokesperson Febri Diansyah said on Tuesday that the anti-graft body was still investigating those arrested.
“There is suspected bribery of state officials related to the discussion of the APBD Jambi for 2018,” added Febri. (hol/ebf)
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Indonesia to free Bali Nine drug smuggler Lawrence: Official
- Government to issue new regulation on coal permits
- JT610 victim's bride takes wedding photo shoot without groom
- Associate of close Trump adviser expects to be indicted by Mueller
- Garuda to reopen Jakarta-London route
- University student ‘pseudo poll’: LGBT behavior caused by keeping wrong company...
- ASEAN ministers sign agreement on e-commerce