PGA Tour star Snedeker to play in Indonesian Masters golf
The Jakarta Post
Brandt Snedeker, an eight-time winner on the US PGA Tour, has confirmed his participation in the 2017 Indonesian Masters golf tournament, which will be held at Royale Jakarta Golf Club on Dec. 14-17.
The 36-year-old American joins good friend Justin Rose from England in the US$750,000 tournament.
For the first time, the tournament is a season-ending flagship event on the Asian Tour and will determine who wins the Asian Tour Order of Merit title.
Snedeker has been battling an injury for most of the season. Undergoing treatment for a lingering sternum injury had caused him to miss the FedEx Cup playoffs in August-September and the year’s final two Majors.
The 2012 FedEx Cup winner said he saw the Indonesian Masters as the perfect tournament to help get his game back in shape.
“It is the season-ending event, with a great field and impressive list of past winners. I had the choice of a few events to play to close out the season but chose this one. It has a growing reputation and profile on the Asian Tour.
“I am really fortunate to have this opportunity and I am also excited to play somewhere new and with my pal Justin,” he said in a statement. (nkn)
- Electronic music and poetry collide in ‘Melihat Puisi’
- Who will be new Singapore PM? Test him in the next general election
- Aceh, Dubai-based firm to start hydrocarbon survey
- Susi beats Sandiaga in Lake Sunter showdown
- BPJS Ketenagakerjaan seeks to book Rp 367.8 trillion in funds
- Impossible to pair Kalla with Jokowi again, PDI-P says
- Czech schoolboy maps his life from disabled to designer
- The movie ‘Sekala Niskala’ won Grand Prix at Berlin International Film Festival 2018
- In 'Coco' child star's story, life and art intertwine
- Rohingya exodus still growing, six months into crisis