PGA Tour star Snedeker to play in Indonesian Masters golf
The Jakarta Post
Brandt Snedeker, an eight-time winner on the US PGA Tour, has confirmed his participation in the 2017 Indonesian Masters golf tournament, which will be held at Royale Jakarta Golf Club on Dec. 14-17.
The 36-year-old American joins good friend Justin Rose from England in the US$750,000 tournament.
For the first time, the tournament is a season-ending flagship event on the Asian Tour and will determine who wins the Asian Tour Order of Merit title.
Snedeker has been battling an injury for most of the season. Undergoing treatment for a lingering sternum injury had caused him to miss the FedEx Cup playoffs in August-September and the year’s final two Majors.
The 2012 FedEx Cup winner said he saw the Indonesian Masters as the perfect tournament to help get his game back in shape.
“It is the season-ending event, with a great field and impressive list of past winners. I had the choice of a few events to play to close out the season but chose this one. It has a growing reputation and profile on the Asian Tour.
“I am really fortunate to have this opportunity and I am also excited to play somewhere new and with my pal Justin,” he said in a statement. (nkn)
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Suspected terrorist shot dead in Pamanukan for resisting arrest
- US Navy planning new camps to support immigration crackdown: Report
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Mexico caught up in victorious jumble of joy
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Cuba to get ready for same sex marriage: Castro daughter
- 5 wall shelf design ideas for small spaces