City ready to accept Home Ministry’s review of governor’s team budget: Sandiaga
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta administration is ready to accept if the Home Ministry does not approve the controversial Rp 28.5 billion (US$1.9 million) allocation for the governor’s team in the draft 2018 city budget, Jakarta Deputy Governor Sanidaga Uno said on Tuesday.
Sandiaga said the draft budget was sufficient for 73 people in the Governor's Team for Development Acceleration (TGUPP), an inflated number from 15 people with a Rp 2.3 billion budget currently.
“We don’t want to speculate. Let’s wait out the process. We have to give space and respect to the ministry to review the draft,” Sandiaga said, as quoted by tempo.co. The City Council approved the draft budget on Nov. 30 and it was submitted to the Home Ministry for review.
Home Minister Tjahjo Kumolo said on Monday it was possible to allocate funds for special staff, but if such personnel numbered more than 15, the funds should be taken from other budget posts.
Former governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama reportedly used the governor’s operational funds to pay his expert staffers.
Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan and Sandiaga received a combination of Rp 4.5 billion of the operational funds. (wnd)
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut
- Floods, toppled trees disrupt Transjakarta services
- Jakarta administration criticized for not uploading meeting videos
- Heavy rainfall unanticipated, says BPBD
- ‘Wonder’, a wonderfully heartwarming film for all
- Anies visits inundated underpass in Dukuh Atas