City ready to accept Home Ministry’s review of governor’s team budget: Sandiaga
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta administration is ready to accept if the Home Ministry does not approve the controversial Rp 28.5 billion (US$1.9 million) allocation for the governor’s team in the draft 2018 city budget, Jakarta Deputy Governor Sanidaga Uno said on Tuesday.
Sandiaga said the draft budget was sufficient for 73 people in the Governor's Team for Development Acceleration (TGUPP), an inflated number from 15 people with a Rp 2.3 billion budget currently.
“We don’t want to speculate. Let’s wait out the process. We have to give space and respect to the ministry to review the draft,” Sandiaga said, as quoted by tempo.co. The City Council approved the draft budget on Nov. 30 and it was submitted to the Home Ministry for review.
Home Minister Tjahjo Kumolo said on Monday it was possible to allocate funds for special staff, but if such personnel numbered more than 15, the funds should be taken from other budget posts.
Former governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama reportedly used the governor’s operational funds to pay his expert staffers.
Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan and Sandiaga received a combination of Rp 4.5 billion of the operational funds. (wnd)
- Transgender people assaulted by dozens of men in Bekasi
- A father’s love: Wiranto explains why his daughter wears niqab
- Ed Sheeran on BTS: ‘I think they are great’
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Foreign investors allowed to own 100% shares in 25 business units
- 6 kg of garbage found in dead whale's stomach in Wakatobi
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Whale shark seen in Jakarta Bay
- Crown prince a 'red line' in Khashoggi probe: Saudi FM
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos