City ready to accept Home Ministry’s review of governor’s team budget: Sandiaga
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta administration is ready to accept if the Home Ministry does not approve the controversial Rp 28.5 billion (US$1.9 million) allocation for the governor’s team in the draft 2018 city budget, Jakarta Deputy Governor Sanidaga Uno said on Tuesday.
Sandiaga said the draft budget was sufficient for 73 people in the Governor's Team for Development Acceleration (TGUPP), an inflated number from 15 people with a Rp 2.3 billion budget currently.
“We don’t want to speculate. Let’s wait out the process. We have to give space and respect to the ministry to review the draft,” Sandiaga said, as quoted by tempo.co. The City Council approved the draft budget on Nov. 30 and it was submitted to the Home Ministry for review.
Home Minister Tjahjo Kumolo said on Monday it was possible to allocate funds for special staff, but if such personnel numbered more than 15, the funds should be taken from other budget posts.
Former governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama reportedly used the governor’s operational funds to pay his expert staffers.
Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan and Sandiaga received a combination of Rp 4.5 billion of the operational funds. (wnd)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- Creator of 3-D printed guns flies to Taiwan amid US sex assault accusation
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- Malaysia ex-PM faces 21 new charges over 1MDB scandal
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Tourism Ministry declares five dishes national food
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- BMKG warns of heavy rains, high waves as Typhoon Mangkhut ends