Chinese tourists top list of visitors to Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
Tourists from China have topped the list of international visitors to Jakarta in October, a survey has shown.
According to the study, 28,416 Chinese tourists visited the capital city in October this year, Jakarta Central Statistics Agency (BPS) distribution head Dewi Kundalini said in a statement on Wednesday.
Trailing behind China are Malaysia with 28,141 visitors, Japan with 18,902 tourists, Singapore with 17,188 and South Korea with 10,991 visitors.
Combined, they made up 46.88 percent of total tourist visits to Jakarta.
"This shows that those five countries play a very important role in improving [Indonesia’s] foreign tourism," Dewi said as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com
She also stated that the number of international tourist visits in October declined to 9.03 percent compared the same period last year.
However, Jakarta BPS data shows that the number of total international tourist visits from January to October increased to 7.47 percent, or 2.212.493 tourists, compared to the same period in 2016. (dpk)
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut
- Floods, toppled trees disrupt Transjakarta services
- Jakarta administration criticized for not uploading meeting videos
- Heavy rainfall unanticipated, says BPBD
- ‘Wonder’, a wonderfully heartwarming film for all
- Anies visits inundated underpass in Dukuh Atas