Man suffers heart attack while driving his car
The Jakarta Post
A man was rescued from his car but died before reaching the hospital after reportedly suffering a heart attack while driving in North Serpong, South Tangerang, Banten, on Wednesday morning.
The man, identified as Isbianto, 57, was reportedly driving on Jl. Raya Alam Sutera toward his office in Tigaraksa, Tangerang regency, when he suddenly stopped in the middle of the road at 8:15 a.m.
Some bystanders found him leaning on the driver's door helplessly after they approached the car to find out what was going on.
They smashed one of the car's windows to rescue him and bring him to the nearby Omni Hospital.
However, Isbianto, a civil servant at Tangerang regency, had passed away by the time he reached the hospital.
"There are no violence marks on his body, and according to his family, he had been suffering from heart disease," said Adj. Comr. Alexander, crimes unit head of South Tangerang Police.
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- Flights not yet affected by Mt. Anak Krakatau eruption, authorities say
- Brotherhood chief, 65 others get life for Egypt attack
- Journalist murdered in Mexico, ninth of 2018
- Trump's tariffs on $200b of Chinese imports kick in
- Supreme Court pick's accuser agrees to testify Thursday
- Nike-Kaepernick: A marriage of ideals?