Areas in South and East Jakarta prone to landslide: BPBD
The Jakarta Post
Eight districts in South Jakarta and two districts in East Jakarta will be prone to landslide amid the rainy season, which is expected to fall in the first and second week of January next year, the city's disaster mitigation agency (BPBD) said.
Included in the list are Kebayoran Lama, Kebayoran Baru, Tebet, Pesanggrahan, Pasar Minggu and Cilandak districts in South Jakarta and Kramat Jati and Pasar Rebo districts in East Jakarta.
The head of Jakarta's BPBD Jupan Royter said the agency has been prepared to deal with the disaster.
"We have told the respective mayors and district heads about potential landslides," Jupan said on Thursday as quoted by kompas.com.
The agency would also keep giving updates so residents could be prepared in case any landslides did occur, Jupan said. (cal)
- Indonesia must improve its e-government
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Three elephants in Jambi relocated to prevent inbreeding
- Economic nationalism is back in Indonesia as election approaches
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- BTS cancels collaboration with Yasushi Akimoto
- Dalai Lama: I knew of sex abuse by Buddhist teachers since 1990s
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- 'Kinky Boots' encourages Chinese drag queens to 'be themselves'
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods