Areas in South and East Jakarta prone to landslide: BPBD
The Jakarta Post
Eight districts in South Jakarta and two districts in East Jakarta will be prone to landslide amid the rainy season, which is expected to fall in the first and second week of January next year, the city's disaster mitigation agency (BPBD) said.
Included in the list are Kebayoran Lama, Kebayoran Baru, Tebet, Pesanggrahan, Pasar Minggu and Cilandak districts in South Jakarta and Kramat Jati and Pasar Rebo districts in East Jakarta.
The head of Jakarta's BPBD Jupan Royter said the agency has been prepared to deal with the disaster.
"We have told the respective mayors and district heads about potential landslides," Jupan said on Thursday as quoted by kompas.com.
The agency would also keep giving updates so residents could be prepared in case any landslides did occur, Jupan said. (cal)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- Lotte Chemical Indonesia begins construction of plant in Cilegon
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Prabowo answers all your burning questions in his little blue book
- Indonesia’s e-commerce sales predicted to reach US$65b in 2022
- Jokowi stresses tolerance at cultural congress conclusion
- Low deficits and fiscal prudence