Areas in South and East Jakarta prone to landslide: BPBD
The Jakarta Post
Eight districts in South Jakarta and two districts in East Jakarta will be prone to landslide amid the rainy season, which is expected to fall in the first and second week of January next year, the city's disaster mitigation agency (BPBD) said.
Included in the list are Kebayoran Lama, Kebayoran Baru, Tebet, Pesanggrahan, Pasar Minggu and Cilandak districts in South Jakarta and Kramat Jati and Pasar Rebo districts in East Jakarta.
The head of Jakarta's BPBD Jupan Royter said the agency has been prepared to deal with the disaster.
"We have told the respective mayors and district heads about potential landslides," Jupan said on Thursday as quoted by kompas.com.
The agency would also keep giving updates so residents could be prepared in case any landslides did occur, Jupan said. (cal)
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut
- Gatot needs ‘soft-landing’ before retirement: Expert
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Jasriadi of ‘Saracen’ to undergo trial in Pekanbaru
- Floods, toppled trees disrupt Transjakarta services
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- Bitcoin futures make muted stock exchange debut
- Fight rages on for House speakership