Areas in South and East Jakarta prone to landslide: BPBD
The Jakarta Post
Eight districts in South Jakarta and two districts in East Jakarta will be prone to landslide amid the rainy season, which is expected to fall in the first and second week of January next year, the city's disaster mitigation agency (BPBD) said.
Included in the list are Kebayoran Lama, Kebayoran Baru, Tebet, Pesanggrahan, Pasar Minggu and Cilandak districts in South Jakarta and Kramat Jati and Pasar Rebo districts in East Jakarta.
The head of Jakarta's BPBD Jupan Royter said the agency has been prepared to deal with the disaster.
"We have told the respective mayors and district heads about potential landslides," Jupan said on Thursday as quoted by kompas.com.
The agency would also keep giving updates so residents could be prepared in case any landslides did occur, Jupan said. (cal)
- Bali to develop offshore airport
- Novel Baswedan returns home
- Indonesia introduces tax data integration system to boost transparency
- Five feared dead, dozens buried in Brebes landslide
- Yogyakarta to transform into Indonesian Silicon Valley
- Provincial governments to maximize inter-province trade
- Winners of the 2018 Brit Awards
- Yogyakarta academicians call on MK chief justice to step down
- German arrested over alleged drug smuggling
- Briton arrested over alleged attempt to smuggle diazepam