Arief gets second tenure as Constitutional Court justice
Nurul Fitri Ramadhani and Marguerite Afra Sapiie
The Jakarta Post
Despite criticism and controversy over alleged “political horse trading,” the House of Representatives has granted Constitutional Court (MK) chief justice Arief Hidayat a second term as a member of the court in the next five years.
Passing a screening with the House’s Commission III overseeing legal affairs on Wednesday, Arief, whose current term will end in March next year, will once...
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- Police probe Jakarta officials on fatal Monas incident
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'