Arief gets second tenure as Constitutional Court justice
Nurul Fitri Ramadhani and Marguerite Afra Sapiie
The Jakarta Post
Despite criticism and controversy over alleged “political horse trading,” the House of Representatives has granted Constitutional Court (MK) chief justice Arief Hidayat a second term as a member of the court in the next five years.
Passing a screening with the House’s Commission III overseeing legal affairs on Wednesday, Arief, whose current term will end in March next year, will once...
- Jakarta prepares traffic strategy for Asian Games
- Mt. Sinabung spews massive smoke-and-ash column
- Jakarta-Bandung railway project won’t meet target: Minister
- Anti-LGBT team established in Depok
- Tearful French skater's 'worst nightmare' after dress mishap
- IS ambush kills 27 pro-government fighters in Iraq
- Indonesia extends export recommendation for Freeport
- Emirates to launch new Dubai-Bali-Auckland service
- Myanmar seizes drugs and equipment worth $7 m in lab raid
- US man stole thumb of Chinese terracotta warrior statue