City names locations for no down payment housing
The Jakarta Post
Apartments under Jakarta's zero-rupiah down payment program will likely be built in three locations of the capital and offered to the public in December next year.
The Jakarta Public Housing and Public Building Agency would start building the housing facilities at the beginning of 2018, and construction was expected to finish at the end of the year, said the agency’s head, Agustino Darmawan.
"The fastest [scenario] is that we can sell the units to the public by the end of next year," he said, as quoted by tempo.co on Wednesday.
The apartment blocks will be built in three locations by the agency in collaboration with two city-owned developers.
The agency will build four apartment towers at the Pulogadung small enterprises center in East Jakarta.
City-owned developer PT Jakarta Propertindo will build another apartment complex in Tanjung Priok, North Jakarta. Meanwhile, the other developer, Pembangunan Sarana Jaya, will build a third apartment complex in Pondok Kelapa, East Jakarta.
The no down payment housing program, which aims to offer affordable apartments to low-to-middle income earners, is a key campaign promise of Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan.
In the 2018 budget priorities, Anies has proposed a budget of Rp 800 billion (US$59 million) for the program.
The program is aimed at Jakartans earning up to Rp 7 million per month who do not own property, including informal-sector workers with irregular income, promising them housing amid Jakarta’s rising property prices. (agn)
- Bali to develop offshore airport
- ‘Angkot’ drivers demand fewer OK OTrip program requirements
- Novel Baswedan returns home
- Indonesia introduces tax data integration system to boost transparency
- Yogyakarta to transform into Indonesian Silicon Valley
- Five feared dead, dozens buried in Brebes landslide
- Provincial governments to maximize inter-province trade
- Yogyakarta academicians call on MK chief justice to step down
- German arrested over alleged drug smuggling
- Winners of the 2018 Brit Awards