Island focus: House urged to protect human rights
The Jakarta Post
The Institute for Criminal Justice Reform (ICJR) has called on the House of Representatives to focus its attention on protecting human rights and address excessive criminalization when deliberating draft laws in the upcoming legislative program.
The House held a plenary meeting on Tuesday to finalize the 2018 National Legislation Program. Eight out of the 50 bills in the program are related...
- US man charged with killing pregnant wife and two toddlers
- US threatens more Turkey sanctions if pastor not freed
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- President, first lady celebrate Sumatran culture on Independence Day
- Canadian killed, American wounded in Mexico shooting
- Pilgrims descend on Mecca for 'smart haj'
- Chinese plane slides off Manila airport runway in heavy rain
- Yazidi 'ex-sex slave' trapped both in Iraq and in German exile
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world