Island focus: Roaming elephants, tigers trouble Jambi
The Jakarta Post
Residents of Sarolangun and Kerinci regencies in Jambi have complained about wild animals entering their villages and wreaking havoc on their plantations.
Muslim, a resident of Sipintum village in Pauh district, Sarolangun regency, said on Wednesday that this past month a herd of wild elephants had often wandered onto the village‚Äôs plantation, damaging the plants and huts there.
- Only 4 of 6 US-granted F-16s arrive in Indonesia amid engine trouble
- Lazada.co.id to expand warehouses, merchants
- Anies unaware of lunch meeting with mass organizations
- Jakarta Council Speaker urges Anies to focus on work
- No escape: Climate displacement in Indonesia
- Iran Revolutionary Guards ready to back Palestinian forces
- Four arrested over alleged plan to attack police in Riau
- Activists slam Jokowi for lip service on human rights cases
- Water inundates Cawang underpass, Jakarta council building
- Year of BTS? Group makes impact both in and out of Korea