Japan-backed project at crossroads
The Jakarta Post
The government continues to struggle to decide on a design and cost for the revitalization for the railway connecting Jakarta and Surabaya, East Java, due to a mismatch between budget expectations and estimations in studies.
The mismatch will delay the project past the initial target to determine a design by November.
Transportation Minister Budi Karya Sumadi said the proposed proj...
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- Anies issues regulation simplifying process of shutting down entertainment spots
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- Earthquake strikes Banten, tremors felt in Jakarta
- Singapore Airlines warns customers against air tickets scam
- Indonesian short film on oil palm industry enters international festivals
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi
- US, Japan assist South Korea on historic summits with North Korea