Outbreak threatens Asiad
Gemma Holliani Cahya
The Jakarta Post
The government is set to hold a massive vaccination campaign in regions hit by a diphtheria outbreak — particularly in densely populated areas such as Jakarta, Banten and West Java — amid concerns of rising anti-vaccine sentiment in the country.
Health officials said they were racing against time to contain the spread of the disease in 12 regencies in three provinces in the northwester...
- Trump targeted by G-20 as leaders push back on combative tweets
- Supreme Court to decide on UK-Scotland Brexit standoff
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Yuval Noah Harari: '21 Lessons' from data, meditation to AI and 'Black Mirror'
- Indonesia soccer fans damage Asian Games stadium
- World Bank official drowns at Bali beach
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Four kids, riding motorbike without helmets, taught valuable lesson by cop
- One dead, suspect surrenders after US supermarket hostage drama
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games