Remembering Soeharto’s cultural violence against artists of Chinese descent
Agus Dermawan T.
PREMIUM Unique touch: A painting of life in Bali by Huang Fong that features artistic Chinese influences.Painter Lim Wasim’s life as an artist changed when Soeharto’s New Order regime took over Indonesia in 1967 and started a systematic and bloody purge on everything deemed as a communist influence.Lim’s paintings used to grace the walls of the State Palace before Soeharto became Indonesia’s secon...
- Only 4 of 6 US-granted F-16s arrive in Indonesia amid engine trouble
- Jakarta Council Speaker urges Anies to focus on work
- Anies unaware of lunch meeting with mass organizations
- Lazada.co.id to expand warehouses, merchants
- Activists slam Jokowi for lip service on human rights cases
- No escape: Climate displacement in Indonesia
- Iran Revolutionary Guards ready to back Palestinian forces
- Four arrested over alleged plan to attack police in Riau
- Bali's rumbling volcano slashes peak Christmas tourist numbers
- Water inundates Cawang underpass, Jakarta council building