Remembering Soeharto’s cultural violence against artists of Chinese descent
Agus Dermawan T.
PREMIUM Unique touch: A painting of life in Bali by Huang Fong that features artistic Chinese influences.Painter Lim Wasim’s life as an artist changed when Soeharto’s New Order regime took over Indonesia in 1967 and started a systematic and bloody purge on everything deemed as a communist influence.Lim’s paintings used to grace the walls of the State Palace before Soeharto became Indonesia’s secon...
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Commentary: Another side of the elderly: You reap what you sow
- Empty Jakarta during Idul Fitri serves as Instagrammable photo opportunity
- One dead, five wounded in Malmo shooting: police
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan dies aged 62
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- BREAKING: Boat with 80 passengers capsizes in Lake Toba
- One killed after Lake Toba vessel capsizes