Greater Jakarta: Ahok named ‘global thinker’
The Jakarta Post
Former Jakarta governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama is on the 2017 list of Global Thinkers compiled by United States magazine Foreign Policy (FP).
He was recognized as one of 100 Global Thinkers for standing up to Indonesia’s creeping fundamentalism and considered one of the most prominent symbols of the country’s beleaguered ethnic and religious pluralism. “Sharp-tongued, of Ch...
- Electronic music and poetry collide in ‘Melihat Puisi’
- Who will be new Singapore PM? Test him in the next general election
- Aceh, Dubai-based firm to start hydrocarbon survey
- The movie ‘Sekala Niskala’ won Grand Prix at Berlin International Film Festival 2018
- Czech schoolboy maps his life from disabled to designer
- BPJS Ketenagakerjaan seeks to book Rp 367.8 trillion in funds
- Impossible to pair Kalla with Jokowi again, PDI-P says
- Susi beats Sandiaga in Lake Sunter showdown
- In 'Coco' child star's story, life and art intertwine
- Rohingya exodus still growing, six months into crisis