Public trust crumbles as chief justice hit by alleged ethics breach
Marguerite Afra Sapiie and Nurul Fitri Ramadhani
The Jakarta Post
The Constitutional Court chief justice Arief Hidayat has been hit by allegations of ethics violations surrounding “political horse-trading” with lawmakers to grant him a second term on the court.
Arief secured his seat for the next five years following approval by the House of Representatives in a plenary meeting on Thursday, a day after he took part in a confirmation hearing, held by H...
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut
- Floods, toppled trees disrupt Transjakarta services
- Heavy rainfall unanticipated, says BPBD
- ‘Wonder’, a wonderfully heartwarming film for all
- Jakarta administration criticized for not uploading meeting videos
- Anies visits inundated underpass in Dukuh Atas