City council building façade bulges out causing closure of footpath
The Jakarta Post
Part of the exterior façade of the Jakarta city council building appeared to be bulging outward on Thursday, causing the closure of a foothpath from the council building to City Hall.
Anyone wishing to walk to City Hall should use the basement of the council’s secretariat, said an announcement erected at the site.
Several traffic cones and a rope were placed in front of the building to prevent people from using the pathway.
“The façade ballooned out after the heavy rain on Monday. We closed the path so they [the tiles of the façade] won’t fall on anyone,” a security officer, Budiharto, said on Thursday as reported by kompas.com.
Behind the façade in question is a futsal court for city councilors.
Budiharto said the security officers were still waiting for a further instruction regarding the situation.
The building was constructed within the past five years, he said. (cal)
- UK's official Brexit campaign fined, referred to police
- Joey Alexander’s new music video showcases the beauty of Bali
- Indonesia sees 7 brutal animal killings in 2018
- Shell eyeing Indonesia's LNG market
- Government oversells PT Freeport Indonesia agreement
- A guide to understanding the Freeport divestment deal
- Local residents slaughter 292 crocodiles in Sorong farm
- Indonesia among world’s less stressed countries
- A world without America
- Beijing's new airport comes with new construction tech