City council building façade bulges out causing closure of footpath
The Jakarta Post
Part of the exterior façade of the Jakarta city council building appeared to be bulging outward on Thursday, causing the closure of a foothpath from the council building to City Hall.
Anyone wishing to walk to City Hall should use the basement of the council’s secretariat, said an announcement erected at the site.
Several traffic cones and a rope were placed in front of the building to prevent people from using the pathway.
“The façade ballooned out after the heavy rain on Monday. We closed the path so they [the tiles of the façade] won’t fall on anyone,” a security officer, Budiharto, said on Thursday as reported by kompas.com.
Behind the façade in question is a futsal court for city councilors.
Budiharto said the security officers were still waiting for a further instruction regarding the situation.
The building was constructed within the past five years, he said. (cal)
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- 'Islamization' of women's movement in Indonesia
- Dozens of Rohingya come ashore in Indonesia
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu